New anti-stab knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6501720.ece
Quote:
The first “anti-stab” knife is to go on sale in Britain, designed to work as normal in the kitchen but to be ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone.

It was invented by industrial designer John Cornock, who was inspired by a documentary in which doctors advocated banning traditional knives.

Mr Cornock, 42, from Swindon, said that the knife will cut vegetables, but will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death and will reduce the risk of accidental injuries.

From the UK of course.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Tempest
will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death

But you could still slice someone to death?

When I was eight, I got a children's Victorinox Swiss Army knife with a rounded point for my birthday. I carried that everywhere. These days, my pocket knife is so large, it has its own knife attached!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Darn it!

What's to stop someone with criminal intent from taking the anti-stab knife and grinding it until there's a sharp "stabbable" point on it? It's not like a knife is such a high-tech piece of equipment that such a thing would be even remotely difficult.

Mass insanity.

Originally Posted By: pcoxe
You could probably rub it on a brick for 5 minutes and restore its "deadliness".

Great, so now we need anti-knife-sharpening bricks!

Can the UK do anything worthwhile?

I mean really, a stab-free knife? How about world peace or a car better than an MGB or Austin-Mini?

smirk2.gif

World famous British cookware?
blush.gif

In
34.gif
some companies for liability insurance reasons require these wierd stab proof safety knife things... picture letter openers but worse.

like these

Wife opened a utility knife at a client that had a ban and his face was like, OMG.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
World famous British cookware?
blush.gif

In
34.gif
some companies for liability insurance reasons require these wierd stab proof safety knife things... picture letter openers but worse.

like these

Wife opened a utility knife at a client that had a ban and his face was like, OMG.

Simple: plastic utensil

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

For some purposes, these would be better weapons.

Like, for example, if you were wanting something a bit safer to store in your pocket until you're ready to put it to someone's throat for a hijacking...

I'm going to wait for the $4.99 Ginsu anti-stab knife.
"It doesn't slice, it doesn't dice, it doesn't cut the pop can. BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!"

Wait until Oz hears of this.

There goes my garlic and rosemary studded lamb roasts...or here comes my new bench grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.