New Amsoil European Oils

I didn't think any of Amsoil's Euro oils carried approvals but I was wrong. I see the 0W20/508 offering doesn't however.

EZT looks like a strong 0W-20...higher NOAK; higher TBN, and lower CCS values (than the AFE).

Anyone else find it funny that Amsoil has an ‘AFE 0W-20’...sounds like someone else’s oil!!

It's interesting to see Amsoil move in this direction and pretty much acknowledge that these particular engines call for different chemistry. Their old approach, much like Red Line today, would have been just use the SS line and forget about it.

This is from Roy Howell:

“Essentially we have the same approach we started with,” said Roy Howell, Red Line’s chief chemist. “We have two lines. One is the racing products. But we sell a lot more of what we call high-performance motor oil, in various viscosity grades — 0W20 to 20W60 — all designed for high-performance applications.

Those lubricants also are suited to older vehicles.

“We never separated the older-car market from the modern-car market,” Howell said. “We never looked at it separately. We were just making an oil that was good for all of those vehicles.”

I don’t recall amsoil ever saying ss or xl should be used in European vehicles. Ever.

That being said, I’m interested in the afe for my Passport. A bit cheaper than ss but should work just fine. Looks pretty stout.

If you look at the white bottle Red Line Euro oil's SDS it is totally different than the non-euro white bottle stuff.

I guess the only problem I have with AEL is... Is it worth 2.5 times the price of M1 ESP? Probably not... But it does look like great oil.

Hmm, ESP goes for $12.5 in regular sales.

Napa has it for 5 or 6 dollars per quart a few times a year. You even posted yourself you can get five quarts with filter for 33 bucks at AAP sales.

Up here we can buy gallon jugs for 35-37 at Canadian Tire sales every 4-6 weeks or so. The Amsoil is about 13.50 per quart in Canada.

Napa has it for 5 or 6 dollars per quart a few times a year. You even posted yourself you can get five quarts with filter for 33 bucks at AAP sales.

Up here we can buy gallon jugs for 35-37 at Canadian Tire sales every 4-6 weeks or so. The Amsoil is about 13.50 per quart in Canada.
That is why I said regular price. Amsoil also has some deals.
Problem with ESP at NAPA, at least in my area is that they do not stock it.

That is why I said regular price. Amsoil also has some deals.
Problem with ESP at NAPA, at least in my area is that they do not stock it.

Well, you said regular sales. Which sounds like "sales that happen regularly" and not "regular price."

In any event they are both good oils I'm just not sure worth double for Amsoil is all.

Well, you said regular sales. Which sounds like "sales that happen regularly" and not "regular price."

In any event they are both good oils I'm just not sure worth double for Amsoil is all.
I agree. It is still expensive compared to other available oils. Motul X-Clean+ is very affordable, etc. Amsoil looks stout, and if they can make money, good for them.

those specs especially the Noacks are NOT impressive so prolly some or all group III base oils!! go to Wallys + get similar for less $$$$$

Back