NEW Amsoil 0W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm at $8.15 , not crazy expensive. That Mobil 1 0w40 deal just drives other potential competitors out of the market.

Still might be something interesting to try a few months from now when my 10k OCI is up
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Trix
Hm at $8.15 , not crazy expensive. That Mobil 1 0w40 deal just drives other potential competitors out of the market.

Still might be something interesting to try a few months from now when my 10k OCI is up
wink.gif

No. Apples to oranges. Mobil is not a competitor of Amsoil SSO. It no longer meets the chrysler ms12633 spec. Amsoil is only comparable to other group 4/5 oils which cost north of $10 a quart.

Originally Posted By: mtxjohn
No. Apples to oranges. Mobil is not a competitor of Amsoil SSO. It no longer meets the chrysler ms12633 spec. Amsoil is only comparable to other group 4/5 oils which cost north of $10 a quart.

So SSO meets MS-12633? Maybe I missed that on the data sheet.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Nope, RECOMMENDED FOR
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: AMSOIL

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is excellent for use in all types of gasoline-fueled vehicles. It is recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:

0W-40 (AZF): API SN, SM…; Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850; Nissan GT-R®

Originally Posted By: Click
It "meets" the SN spec or it would not be on their data sheets. It may not have been 'certified' but AMSOIL stands behind its printing and products. It meets SN specs... thats all I would need to be comfortable.

You sure about that.

From what I remember there aren't any sso series oils that are capable of meeting SN.
Some additive levels are too high.

Last edited:
Their data sheets are public to all on their website:

" 0W-40 (AZF): API SN, SM…; Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850;
Nissan GT-R® "

Originally Posted By: Click
Their data sheets are public to all on their website:

" 0W-40 (AZF): API SN, SM…; Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850;
Nissan GT-R® "

Yes, and you missed the RECOMMENDED FOR part that proceeds that.

Originally Posted By: Trix

wink.gif

So are you implying that ms12633 mandates group IV/V base stocks?

If not, you're hand waving a value proposition argument that isn't real, against a spec that defines performance, not chemistry.

Originally Posted By: Garak
And the reason that Mobil 1 no longer meets the Chrysler spec has absolutely nothing to do with chemistry.

Nor quality,nor anything to do with actual performance of the lubricant.

It's politics. That's it

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: kschachn

Nope, RECOMMENDED FOR
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: AMSOIL

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is excellent for use in all types of gasoline-fueled vehicles. It is recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:

0W-40 (AZF): API SN, SM…; Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850; Nissan GT-R®

Mtsjohn

Where is there any poe in any amsoil products.

I'll eat my hat if you can find any.
And who cares what the composition of the basestocks. It's stupid to think an oil and it's performance is based on a single metric such as basestocks.
The complete formula and the real world certs are the only metric that matters.
I've drank the amsoil kool aid for a decade. Used it exclusively.
Now I use on sale syns. My vehicles engines are spotless and run longer than I want to keep them.
So exactly what gain is there to be had paying more for no extended life of any engine system
You would be smart to actually know what your talking about before posting.
Unless your foot tastes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back