New additive from Chevron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than falconguy, has anyone seen it in a retail location? If so, what establishment and where geographically?

I guess the real question is...what if you and your car get "hooked" on this stuff....

One bottle will only treat 20 gallon, and it's $5.99 + tax per bottle...

Well the store locator is up and running. But I've tried several differend MD zip codes and nothing comes up...

quote:

Originally posted by HardbodyLoyalist:
"A substance, usually used in small amounts relative to the reactants, that modifies and increases the rate of a reaction without being consumed in the process."

The catalyst is actually involved in a chemical reaction, forming a variety of so-called "intermediates." But in the last step of the catalytic cycle, the catalyst is returned to its original form. The catalyst is therefore "regenerated" instead of being consumed like the other reactants.

Yes, I'm a chemist, and I hate it when marketing gurus try to "talk the talk."

Im a chemical engineer, and I concur fully.

'catalyst' can be used loosely to include something like this which theoretically helps the reaction along... Id typically just call it a consumable additive.

JMH

A small local chain VIP in northern New England carries it. The price is $6.99 at their stores.
At that price, I doubt this is cost effective. Thinking ahead to next week when gas will be $3.50 a gallon and to keep the math simple, I will need an 11% increase in mileage (3 mpg) to break even. I'm thinking it might be very good for someone who has a car might not pass an emissions test. Time will tell on this one.

R&S Strauss here in NJ has boxes of it, not many buyers I guess even though its free. I got my rebates (4) within 3 weeks

Not a bad deal, gonna get 4 or 8 more and use work addy to get more for free.........

The above article mentioned that PureEscape is patented, that means the patented portion of the chemistry is exposed to the public.

I recently tried PureEscape, after learning about it, and the rebate, on this board. There was a barely perceptible improvement in engine smoothness. It was so small I’m not sure I could credit this product. I might have just gotten a good tank of gas or it might have just been my imagination.

I have a second bottle that I will probably try this weekend (the rebate was good for two bottles).

Based on my first bottle, I’m glad I got the rebate. I don’t think I’m willing to pay full price for this in the future. In fact, I’m not even sure I’d buy it again with a rebate.

every pepboys nearmy zip code has it. - i may just try it- i have absolutely nothing to loose.

I have to agree with kang on this one. I tried a bottle in my Volvo several weeks ago. The only difference I noticed was a reduction in engine knock while going uphill w/ the AC on. Never again(at least w/o the rebate
wink.gif
).

I just bought a bottle of this stuff, chevron pureEscape. my neon has a 11 gallon capicty so i poured about 6 oz. in. one bottle (12 oz.) treats up to 20 gallons. I used shell 87 gas. car is a 1995 neon. Ive noticed somewhat smoother idle, but no fuel/gas savings. Its an interesting product, but thiers much better out thier, like FP60 of Lucas UCL! Both of those items gave my engin a REALLY smoother ride:)

quote:

Originally posted by oilyriser:
Chevron's search returned zero results for "PurEscape".

I believe that is because they are still working out a matter of semantics with the PUR water filter company. Their version of "PurEscape" is water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back