New Addition to the Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a 2015 1LT Corvette Stingray yesterday. Awesome machine. Calls for 5W-30 full synthetic. Plan to use Mobil 1 as recommended by GM. Will change out factory oil at 1,000 - 2,000 miles. Then every 6 months or 4,000 - 5,000 miles thereafter. Not much other maintenance required.

Last edited:
Does GM actually require Mobil 1? I thought they only required a dexos1 approved oil.

Nice,nice,nice!
I'd say I'm jealous, but I'm really not.
This is a car of very impressive performance, especially at the price.
Not too many cars can scare a 911 on a track, but these can.

Of course Barra loves the new Camaro,she cant say she loves the new Mustang or Challenger afterall...

Awesome car ! Have fun ! Your oil change plan seems like a good plan to me. You can even space them a bit, every year or 6-8k miles sounds good enough for me

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
GM recommends but does not require Mobil 1.

Exactly, and I'm not too sure that you'll find anything better.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

You just had to poke that bear didn’t you?

Originally Posted By: Jason8691
Originally Posted By: fdcg27

You just had to poke that bear didn’t you?

Bear?
I thought it was a hornets nest.

Color is Blade Silver. Transmission is the new 8 speed auto. Also has the optional factory Performance Exhaust. If you select Sport or Track modes, 2 cutouts open and give you a sweet aggressive sound. If you want quiet, select the weather, eco, or touring modes and the cutouts close. A truly amazing system.

Car is a fair weather toy. Plan to take to the local shows.

I have never seen a photo posted on this site. Tell me how to do it and I will post.

Last edited:
AWESOME!!! Congrats man! Awesome car. The guy I work with just took delivery of his Z51. It is insane. Enjoy it!!!

Go to tinypic.com upload image and then copy and paste the link itll give you a few different links for sharing with different things. Just select the link it gives for email or message boards. Im sure there is other ways but this is how i do it.

Not a teacher. Retired from the military after 27 years of service. Worked for 15 more years after that. Now I am enjoying playing with my toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back