New Addition to the Family : 2015 Chrysler 200S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it last week. V6 with 9 Speed ZF Auto.
Initial Impression : Excellent ride quality, decent amount of body roll ( more than I would like ) but there is loads of grip and chassis feels pretty solid. Hwy mpg with this V6 will give alot of 4 cyl in the market a run for their money. Chrysler does need to improve the transmission shift programming, low speed drive ability suffers from a slower than normal 1-2 or 2-1 shift. In manual mode the transmission is a gem, rev matched fast downshifts and smooth upshifts. The updated Uconnect is phenomenal, easy to use and understand, good graphics as well. I advise anyone looking for a vehicle in this class to at least go test drive one.
image1_zps1479dce9.jpg

image2_zpsa7f75e1f.jpg

image4_zps627ddcc7.jpg

image5_zps3e5810fe.jpg

image6_zpseec8dd1b.jpg

Looks nice! It does seem to need a bit taller tire. 1 to fill up the fender a bit and 2 not much distance between the wheel and road, i can see a bent wheel/rim soon with this combo.

I do like the rear bumper and exhaust.

Last edited:
I was looking at those the other day. They seem to be in a completely different league than the reagents Sebring that the last generation was.

I had a 2015 as a rental a couple weeks ago, I was very impressed with the attention to detail throughout the entire vehicle. It was also very quiet and had a ton of room. The amount of storage in that center console was over the top.

My only complaint was power. I had the 4 cyl and it downshifted a lot on the highway. I'd love to drive a V6.

Mine was a base model, but very well equipped including transmission and oil temp gauges!

it's an upscale Dart basically.... same alfa derived platform

is it the 3.6 pentastar, as before?

if so, that thing should seriously

HeaderBigTruck.png
250px-Donkey_1_arp_750px.jpg

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Looks nice! It does seem to need a bit taller tire. 1 to fill up the fender a bit and 2 not much distance between the wheel and road, i can see a bent wheel/rim soon with this combo.

I do like the rear bumper and exhaust.

Rear end and rear 3/4 panel is my fav view of this vehicle. I agree on the tires. We have decided to see how the OEM tires do, or I will upgrade to 245/40R19 ( OEM is 235/40R19, ridiculously hard to find a decent priced tire in this size ). I would have preferred to get one with 18 in wheels but none existed in the state of Indiana which met our other requirements.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I was looking at those the other day. They seem to be in a completely different league than the reagents Sebring that the last generation was.

I agree. The interior quality is mind blowing. Every contact point including the handle to move the a/c vents is soft touch. The IP looks excellent with crisp graphics and can be customized.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Nice looking ride. Is this on the same platform as the Dart?

Yes, same platform as Dart. Elongated however and different suspension tuning etc. This is also about 300 lbs heavier than the Dart.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Congrats! One of the sharpest lookers on the road.

Thanks! yea we agreed the looks are one of the reasons we decided to look into getting one.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I had a 2015 as a rental a couple weeks ago, I was very impressed with the attention to detail throughout the entire vehicle. It was also very quiet and had a ton of room. The amount of storage in that center console was over the top.

My only complaint was power. I had the 4 cyl and it downshifted a lot on the highway. I'd love to drive a V6.

Mine was a base model, but very well equipped including transmission and oil temp gauges!

The S model or higher are even quieter since they have acoustically laminated glass. We almost got a 4 cyl S but everyone at the dealership said we would regret not getting a V6. Test drove it again and was sold.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
it's an upscale Dart basically.... same alfa derived platform

is it the 3.6 pentastar, as before?

if so, that thing should seriously

HeaderBigTruck.png
250px-Donkey_1_arp_750px.jpg

Yup sure is. And yes it does. Like snap your head into the headrest fast. "Feels" faster than the G35 in my sig, despite the G being more powerful and lighter. Thats the beauty of a 9 speed trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back