New Addition to the Family : 2015 Chrysler 200S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I am really impressed, this car is probably the first real competitor Chrysler has had in the mid-size segment that has ever been able to go head to head with Honda, Mazda, and Toyota.

Who would have thunk it would be FIAT that made it possible?

I always knew that the two companies would be a good match for each other.

Wow ! If i replied to all of you, there will be another 2 pages in this thread lol. The materials seem quite well made, its very well "put together" ie very little panel gap if any, all the stitching looks uniform etc. I am a Uconnect convert, every manufacturer, especially the other 2 of the big three need to learn from this system. To someone who mentioned the wheels/tire combo, I have upgraded to 245/40R19 from the OEM 235/40R19. I can confirm better grip, ride and braking. The wheels are growing on me, they look fantastic.

MPG : Regularly see over 30 mpg on the hwy under cruise, city seems to be around 24 or so. 4cyl will do better I am sure, but I felt that the 6cyl is a much better match for the 9 speed auto. Frankly they would have been fine with the 8 speed from ZF, but hey who am I to tell them what to do.

Biggest difference, driving a camry, no matter how loaded, feels like riding an econobox with glitter, this feels premium, period. And very very quiet.

Verrrry sharp . . . How about pics of the interior? Can you get the car with a light-colored interior, like tan or light gray?

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Verrrry sharp . . . How about pics of the interior? Can you get the car with a light-colored interior, like tan or light gray?

Be very happy to get some pics of the interior, will happen over this weekend. I work tomorrow, so say Sunday. And afaik, it is available with tan interior.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

As promised, here are the interior shots :

image4_zps238c9b32.jpg

image7_zps82713083.jpg

image9_zpseb98daae.jpg

image6_zps4516c6c6.jpg

image5_zps3b349e94.jpg

image8_zpse0b0cbd5.jpg

image12_zpsbb1d9d9c.jpg

image3_zpsbde2ffe6.jpg

image10_zps54f4345d.jpg

image2_zpsa857e7d5.jpg

image11_zpsa5ee149c.jpg

I notice that even the kind of low-end Chryslers at the office parking lot have nice interiors. Ford on the other hand....Saw a low end (mere 28K street price) Flex the other day. Itlooked basically identical to my bottom of the line truck. No wonder they sell so few of them.

It'd be GREAT if the new Chrysler 200's turn out to be one of those, "can't kill'em" cars!
laugh.gif

Boy, Chrysler poured so much into the new 200(keeping the old 200 on the market, one year longer), that it would be ashame if these cars didn't hold up well after all of this time spent engineering it.

I have always loved Chrysler styling, interiors, ride comfort & handling. Had many over the years but, they let me down in the repair area. I would love moving back to them if their reliability holds up!
smile.gif

Best of luck to you!

CB

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
It'd be GREAT if the new Chrysler 200's turn out to be one of those, "can't kill'em" cars!
laugh.gif

Boy, Chrysler poured so much into the new 200(keeping the old 200 on the market, one year longer), that it would be ashame if these cars didn't hold up well after all of this time spent engineering it.

I have always loved Chrysler styling, interiors, ride comfort & handling. Had many over the years but, they let me down in the repair area. I would love moving back to them if their reliability holds up!
smile.gif

Best of luck to you!

CB

I have my fingers crossed on reliability as well. I know the engine is bulletproof having serviced umpteen amounts of govt vehicles with the Pentastar at our shop to know they have litte to no issues. Jury is still out on transmission, newer ZF units have been fairly reliable, however Chrysler needs to get the shift mapping fixed asap. The rest ................ who knows
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Subdued
The 4 and the 6 are both rated at 36MPG highway. Seems weird.

23/36 for the 4
19/32 for the V6

Both for fwd versions.

I also see the Elantra similarities, but the powertrain is where this car excels.

Very nice car OP, esp that color and wheel combination
01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back