New 2020 Sonata

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a 2020 Hyundai Sonata to me. The hood looks long like they will have a RWD inline 6 option. There is the possible Hyundai FCA merger and FCA is developing an inline 6 after all.

Originally Posted by GZRider
It's amazing to me that customers do not see the end game of all these manufacturers who decided to make their little 4 bangers and econo boxes look like and below 80mph act sorta like a luxury, GT or sports car, doing so results in more and more systems that effectively only dealers or a mechanic very familiar with the brand can work on. This 2020 vehicle is probably going to use leaf springs like an 80's Plymouth Duster or a PT cruizer, but hey the interior looks like an Audi and it remembers your voice and starts and unlocks the car based on it, probably "on fleek" or something like that I guess. Nothing could ever go wrong with voice, phone or fingerprint recognition systems in a world with recording devices literally everywhere. Personally I'm ok with all this only because I'd never buy a new one and well fake vents and loud exhausts on slow cars just makes it easier for those of us rocking the old G's, IS's and GS's to get away with being bad.
Koreans are beating the Japanese with flashy styling, interiors and technology the same way that the Japanese beat the Americans with quality in the 90s.

People don't want a quality car for a good price, they want the biggest touch screen for the smallest price. My neighbor has two newer Hyundais and I asked him why he bought the exact same car a year or two later and he said "It has all the bells and whistles I want for a cheap price". This is also evidenced in the lamentation that there are no basic cheap trucks anymore.

Originally Posted by csandste
Would have really liked it with a hatch. Early critiques were wrong when they said the rear end mimicked the Civic.

If oil prices spike, Ford, GM and FCA are going to regret abandoning the sedan.

FCA is still making the Charger and 300, both capable of 30mpg highway.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Front: Audi Rear:?

I like the rear but the badges look like a car from GTA3.

Infotainment: carbon copy from new BMW's.

I like it! The rear, I think will grow on me.

That interior looks gorgeous.

If they keep the 2.4L, I think it'll be fine for a base engine, I'm happy with mine. It's no powerhouse but it's more than adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back