New 2019 Jeep Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Imp4
I love the black leather with red stitching!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by chrisri
Superb, have fun. Best 4x4 in the market at the moment, IMO.
I agree and I looked at all of them
smile.gif

Originally Posted by double vanos
Nice, nice, NICE! I love that the oil filter is front and center. Oil changes should be a breeze!
01.gif

Yes; I just wish all of the Mann filters from my AMG would fit
lol.gif
Oh well, there is always ebay to unload them. I like the fact that it is a cartridge (no cutting to see it) and that Jeep does not require a special tool to remove the cover.

Very nice ! A Wrangler has always been on my bucket list.

Hopefully the tires will last long on that Jeep vs the C300 (Just bought 2 rears for the lady this morning).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
After "wrangling" (no pun intended) with the notion for a few months now, I pulled the trigger on a 2019 Rubicon last night—aptly nicknamed "The Grinch" and kicked my AMG to the curb in the process. I also argued with myself for an equal amount of time over the powertrain (2.0T vs. 3.6L) and in the end, I chose the 3.6L (availability of options also played a role in this). The choice between the two engines essentially came down to:

1. 48v battery pack to electronically spool the 2.0 turbo--currently $1000 to $1400 to replace when (not if) replacement is needed and there have already been reports of replacements.
2. 2.0T is a direct injection engine versus multi-port injection on the V6
3. Potential long-term maintenance and costs on a turbo-charged engine and additional complexity of 2.0T cooling system

Options include:

Mojito! Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
Black Interior Color
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
Body-Color Fender Flares
All-Weather Floor Mats

3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine w/ESSCold Weather Group
8-Speed Automatic Transmission
Dana 44 locking front/rear axles with 4.10 gear ratio
LT285/70R17C BSW Mud-Terrain Tires
17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Black Wheels

LED Lighting Group
Customer Preferred Package 24R
Black Freedom Top® 3-Piece Hard Top
Jeep® Active Safety Group
Steel Bumper Group
Trailer Tow Group w/ HD Electrical and 4 Aux Switches
8.4-Inch Radio and Alpine Premium Audio Group
Jeep Trail Rated Kit
Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning+
Hard Top Headliner
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

Gorgeous Jeep! I went with the 3.6 for the same reasons as you, plus it being proven reliable on the trail and also because the manual transmission was only available with it. My 2018 was a very early production JL and I've had zero trouble after a year and 8 months. I also had no fit/finish defects of any kind. This has so far been the best new vehicle I've ever purchased.

I ran it hard off-road in Colorado and Moab, Utah last October. I've owned previous Jeeps and have done lots of off-roading in them. I was laughing out loud the whole trip because of just how good it was on the hardest of obstacles. If you take it off-road, it will blow you away with the amazing things it can do, seemingly with little effort. I still have my JK and love it, but this thing is in a whole different league. I flogged this thing for a week, then was pampered by it on the long 22 hour drive home. There's nothing like the JL Rubicon.

I hope you have many years of great fun in that Jeep! Love the Mojito!

Last edited:
Looks awesome!

I love the looks and features of the new JL but I can't trust the long-term quality at all.

Between the two engines... I would have went with the 3.6 as well.

I miss my wrangler.I was considering buying a 19 Rubi in Mojito same as yours right down to the same rims . :/But i dont need or want 2 vehicles since i dont have a garage that could fit either of them.Good luck and it looks awesome

Nice! My wife just picked up a Sting Gray JLRU in July with the 6 speed manual. Been great so far I'm told (I'm not allowed to drive vehicles over 4K#s).

Good choice in engine. The 3.6L/8-speed combo is smooth and proven. I might one day get a JL but until then my '78 CJ7 does all I need it to lol

I installed some Roam slider steps today and am very happy with the installation and fit/finish. These things are incredibly beefy and well worth it. I had them LineX coated as well.

[Linked Image from iili.io]

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Sweet.

BTW, your Pixel 3 XL takes some pretty good pictures.
Thanks and yes, it does. I have had a Pixel 2 XL and now a Pixel 3 XL (my go for the 4 early next year). I have been happy with all of them.

Awesome .That color is awesome.How are you liking the Jeep so far? Friend of mine just picked up his Gladiator Rubi on friday. Cant wait to see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back