New 2019 440I Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by edyvw
Estoril is race track in Portugal.

Which is right outside of a picturesque coast town of Estoril.

Well, a lot of tracks carry names of nearby towns.

It's very hard to be perfect on this forum!
Portugal it is. N55 B58. [censored]
That's why I've been on this forum for a long time with very few posts.
I'm a Harley driver and was absolutely slayed on a BMW Motorrad forum. Goes without saying I would rather slide down a board with nails than ever own a BMW motorcycle!
What matters is the machine!
Pete

No offense intended, but the N55 and B58 are very different engines. But then I'm 50% German as well as an inveterate gearhead.
And I ride a Triumph, by the way.

Very beautiful car, looks best with top down. But convertibles have come a long way.

BMW is a bit late to the internally mounted intercoolers, let's hope they have the things sorted well. Some of my friends and acquaintances have had interesting failures on late model BMW's regarding their cooling systems.

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
Very beautiful car, looks best with top down. But convertibles have come a long way.

BMW is a bit late to the internally mounted intercoolers, let's hope they have the things sorted well. Some of my friends and acquaintances have had interesting failures on late model BMW's regarding their cooling systems.

You wouldn't happen to be speaking out those S55's with empty coolant reservoirs for their intercooler?
27.gif

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8

What are "late" models? There was some issue with amount of coolant that some B48/58 engines came with (early models).
N55 engines did not have cooling issues, except that longevity of electric water pump is not as good as regular pump. That is why B38/48/58 engines have good ole belt driven pump.

Originally Posted by scudpilot
It's very hard to be perfect on this forum!
Portugal it is. N55 B58. [censored]
That's why I've been on this forum for a long time with very few posts.
I'm a Harley driver and was absolutely slayed on a BMW Motorrad forum. Goes without saying I would rather slide down a board with nails than ever own a BMW motorcycle!
What matters is the machine!
Pete

Yeah, but take into consideration we are not talking about Toyota. There I could not care less what engine is.
Since I traded in my BMW for Toyota (due to expanding family) my wife said: well, now I do not have to hold sturbucks like I am holding for dear life.
I told everyone in the house. When I get my 3 series next year for fun, eating and drinking is forbidden in the car.
So yeah, engine codes matter
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back