New 2019 440I Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Just traded my wife's 2016 428IX Convertible for a new 2019 440IX Hardtop Convertible.
It has the N58 inline Turbo 6.
Spectacular motor. Was surprised to see BMW recommends 0W20 Synthetic. Thought these motors were 5W30.
Pete

2165CD0A-B747-4B5D-AFEF-1AAFEAA39852.jpeg

Nice car. I believe you mean B58. Does the manual allow anything other than 0W-20 (LL-14 FE+)?

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Nice car. I believe you mean B58. Does the manual allow anything other than 0W-20 (LL-14 FE+)?

Manual says pretty much any BMW specification, including LL01.

Originally Posted by scudpilot
Hello all. Just traded my wife's 2016 428IX Convertible for a new 2019 440IX Hardtop Convertible.
It has the N58 inline Turbo 6.
Spectacular motor. Was surprised to see BMW recommends 0W20 Synthetic. Thought these motors were 5W30.
Pete

Your manual should say LL01 too. That engine can use heavier oils.

Originally Posted by edyvw

Do you have a 2019 BMW 3/440i? Let the OP respond before you tell him what's in his OM.

Sorry guys. I was in the air. Yes manual says I can also use LL01 but LL-14FE+ was factory fill.
Under the top of the hood there is a sticker that says 0W20. I will let the dealer service it so I guess either 0W20 or 0W30 is fine with me. My wife doesn't drive it too hard, usually when I drive her car I
" blow the carbon out"!!
The color was correctly stated as Estoril Blue.
Almost has a purple cast at times in the sun.
That name comes from a race track I think in Germany.
Her 428 was beautiful, but this 440 is really a spectacular car to drive!
Thanks for the replies
Pete

Oh and yes B58. My mistake.
The 435 was the B55.
The neat thing is that I no longer have the big intercooler at the bottom of the grill.
The intercooler on these engines is an air to water intercooler that sits under the intake plenum and circulates water to cool engine/Turbo.
Bad thing is that timing chain, double vanos hardware is on the back of the motor facing the firewall.
Any variable timing/ vanos/ timing chain issues require the engine to be pulled.
Note to self, do not let warranty expire!!

Originally Posted by edyvw

Do you have a 2019 BMW 3/440i? Let the OP respond before you tell him what's in his OM.

Being able to read does not require ownership of 3/440i. Or I missed something?

Last edited:
Sorry guys. I was in the air. Yes manual says I can also use LL01 but LL-14FE+ was factory fill.
Under the top of the hood there is a sticker that says 0W20. I will let the dealer service it so I guess either 0W20 or 0W30 is fine with me. My wife doesn't drive it too hard, usually when I drive her car I
" blow the carbon out"!!
The color was correctly stated as Estoril Blue.
Almost has a purple cast at times in the sun.
That name comes from a race track I think in Germany.
Her 428 was beautiful, but this 440 is really a spectacular car to drive!
Thanks for the replies
Pete

Oh and yes B58. My mistake.
The 435 was the B55.
The neat thing is that I no longer have the big intercooler at the bottom of the grill.
The intercooler on these engines is an air to water intercooler that sits under the intake plenum and circulates water to cool engine/Turbo.
Bad thing is that timing chain, double vanos hardware is on the back of the motor facing the firewall.
Any variable timing/ vanos/ timing chain issues require the engine to be pulled.
Note to self, do not let warranty expire!!

435 was N55.
Estoril is race track in Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back