New 2010 Honda Fit Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traded my HHR with 98K on the clock in on a leftover 2010 Honda Fit Sport last night. Got a great deal on the car and now it joins the other Fit Sport we bough a year ago for my wife. She has pulled some over 40 mpg runs with that car, hoping to do the same with this one as well!

HHR was a great car, gave me least problems of any car I have owned in recent memory. Engine was still strong as an ox but timing chain tensioner perhaps was going as well as the suspension...lots of creaks and groans. All fixable stuff but I really like are other Fit so decided adding another can't hurt

And before anyone asks, the Fit I just bought is NOT affected by the recall that was just announced on 2009-10 Fits
smile.gif

IMAG0829-1.jpg

IMAG0828-1.jpg

Goose

Enjoy! We certainly enjoy ours, and may get a second one like you someday.

Look into rust-proofing, as the Fit doesn't seem to be terribly well rust-proofed from the factory. I fluid-filmed ours back in November, and it seems to be doing the trick.

It's an automatic...would have been a REALLY fun car with a stick but every day I have a chance of hitting some bad traffic and my days of doing rush hour with a stick are over

The power is deceptive...has no problem moving right along....big cabin inside and the ability to configure the seats in a whole bunch of different ways is a bonus
smile.gif

My first real red car, I think that color looks great on the Fit. My wifes is Blackberry Pear (translation Dark Purple) but looks pretty neat too

Goose

Something with a 20 after the W
56.gif

Honestly not sure yet.....my wife also has a Fit and I put the Valvoline 5W20 in there. With these 4 qt oil changes I usually will see what is on sale at Advance Auto etc and grab one of the deals when they include a filter
smile.gif

The 2011's are recommending 0W20 now with no changes at all between the 2010 and 2011 version of the engine

Goose

Outstanding. Now, when spring arrives and the flowers are blooming, get a side by side picture and post it for all to see. I drove one of those last year with an automatic but it had a paddle shifter on the steering wheel. Almost bought the darn thing. Was a fun little car to drive.

I love the Milano Red. My old Integra GSR was that color. I was two shakes away from pulling the trigger on a Fit Sport M/T, but my better half liked the Civic better, hence now we have the Civic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back