New 100 Dollar bills

Cash is king...

Well, cash and weapons. Remember Glen Frey? "No matter if it's heroin, cocaine or hash. You got to carry weapons 'cause you ALWAYS carry cash".

9yF7WiT.jpg

LEGAL INVESTMENT. What I invest in is paid for in cash. There is also a time limit for the current price available. So I must be ready to invest almost on a moments notice.
You should have bought that Goodyear stock I talked about last fall, then you would have made a 300%+ gain YTD.
Precious metals don't move enough for me to even consider it. It's like watching grass grow.
Or maybe I'm not gaming it right.

Totally unrelated, speaking of Nitro, does anyone know if Cox Glow Fuel still has nitromethane in it?

Nobody these days would actually use a $1,000 bill as currency. They are collectible and bring $2,000 and up on Ebay all the time. https://www.ebay.com/itm/234107031639?hash=item3681ddd057:g:Mk0AAOSwFhFg8wgC&nma=true&si=HaUsluz4W8SQgbQHvzg4vKQmTzw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I was going to say…. The last series I know of was 1934, and I thought they had been generally taken out of circulation by the late 60s/early 70s.

So not sure what the OP is talking about regarding $1000 bills..

I was going to say…. The last series I know of was 1934, and I thought they had been generally taken out of circulation by the late 60s/early 70s.

So not sure what the OP is talking about regarding $1000 bills..

A friend of mine from India told me that one bank in his hometown had $500 bills. Maybe $1000. He found that out when he first came to the US for grad school and wanted to exchange currency. He said if I was interested he might be able to get one for me.

Canada had $500 bills, but they were apparently taken out of circulation because they were popular around the world for drug deals. Still - I'm not sure why cash is still the king for such transactions. We see in movies that the bad guys use wire transfers through offshore accounts that generally can't be touched. Or it could just be a fictional way of not having to haul around a million dollars that doesn't weigh about much as a bag of dog food.

As for the new bills from an ATM, I haven't heard of too many dispensing $100. Maybe $50. The $20 bill is still the most common. There's always been a choice between new bills and old bills. New bills are packed really tight and rarely have issues with jamming. But then the problem is that they occasionally stick and then the dispense extra bills. But banks know this and consider it a cost of doing business. I read an article in a newspaper a few decades ago where one bank indicated that they often had to prep used bills. They didn't stick, but they occasionally jammed and they could only get about 40% as many bills in the same hopper compared to new bills. They did some tricks too, including "laundering" and then drying them so that they could be used in ATMs. Obviously used bills have to be checked. I've seen weird stuff done to bills (and I done some myself) where weirdly folded or crumpled bills will never be suitable for use in an ATM ever once they're damaged.

I drive a LOT of miles. Lately back up to 5000+ miles per month and soon to be back up to 10,000 per month. Cash saves me a good bit in gas costs, er, at least I like to think it does. Right now, cash saves about $30 per month/$360 year. If I drive more, that can double.

I drive a LOT of miles. Lately back up to 5000+ miles per month and soon to be back up to 10,000 per month. Cash saves me a good bit in gas costs, er, at least I like to think it does. Right now, cash saves about $30 per month/$360 year. If I drive more, that can double.
Are you really sure? What's the cash discount? I think depending on the credit card, you could do 2-5% cash back on credit. 2% should save you about 10 cents a gallon. Plus you don't have to walk back and forth nor wait in line to pay cash.

we also have a 2 dollar bill and also now uncirculated 1000 dollar bills.

The owner of the the historical Super Shops inc. performance chain stores Harry Eberlin use to collect 1000 dollar bills and had them in a picture frame hung in his Livingroom. As a manager of one of the SS stores he would fly us to LA for meeting and we all use to think "how much money he must have such that he can leave multiple $10o0 bills laying around for over a year?" :cool:
not enough to keep the business going... lol
My first job was at the Super Shops warehouse in San Bernardino when I was still in high school in the late '80s.

Somebody paid me $40 in cash a few days ago, I my first reaction was this is a pain in the neck !
For the last 18 months or so we have been almost 100% cashless. During covid for a while businesses would not take cash, so that kind of broke the habit.
The $40 sits in a jar, it will get to the bank someday, but I have not been to a bank in a year.
If I spend it at a store I will get change, which is even more of a pain.

Cash is king...
Right at this moment I am on my 3 story roof fully naked and ready to jump into a large sum of cash below. Pictures deleted by mods..lol

It is now time....I leap off and jump and while I am in the air i see a gust of wind sweeping away my money...

Screen goes black.
Naked? Watch the paper cuts. New bills are vicious 😫

Somebody paid me $40 in cash a few days ago, I my first reaction was this is a pain in the neck !
For the last 18 months or so we have been almost 100% cashless. During covid for a while businesses would not take cash, so that kind of broke the habit.
The $40 sits in a jar, it will get to the bank someday, but I have not been to a bank in a year.
If I spend it at a store I will get change, which is even more of a pain.
It's easy to spend cash. I usually carry a few hundred around. Mostly for small purchases. I prefer to pay cash at restaurants. Then you can just leave a good tip and walk away without waiting for them to come back with your credit card.

Back