New 06 Pontiac Vibe oil change plan dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just brought the 06 Vibe home at 730pm. black vibe base with 141 miles on the odometer. I'm taking pics tomorrow. I got the owners manual and it does say 5w-30 preferred. do not use 10w-40 or 20w-50, but it doesn't say not to use 10w-30. weird. I'm kinda worried with the extra oil capacity, shorter dipstick, and the shorter OCI to 3 months. Could this engine be a sludger?
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Cutehumor:
Just brought the 06 Vibe home at 730pm. black vibe base with 141 miles on the odometer.

I take it this wasnt a factory order...141 miles is a bit of miles on a 'new' car.

quote:

I got the owners manual and it does say 5w-30 preferred.

Is that the only viscosity mentioned in writing? In my 05 manual 0/5/10W30 are listed.

quote:

Could this engine be a sludger?
shocked.gif

The 1zzfe is not a sludger.

quote:

Originally posted by Boxgrover:
[[/qb]

I take it this wasnt a factory order...141 miles is a bit of miles on a 'new' car. [/QB][/QUOTE]

yep, my wife gets the new car. She wanted a black one with preferred package, auto, and monotone package. Pretty hard to get in this area. We found black ones but with auto and no preferred package. 141 miles seems low to me especially for a Toyota in Pontiac sheepskin.
lol.gif
But I'm going to put only 7-8k miles/yr on the vehicle. So it wasn't a big deal to me.

quote:

[

Is that the only viscosity mentioned in writing? In my 05 manual 0/5/10W30 are listed.

It states on section 5-19 "If you are in an area of extreme cold, where the temperature falls below -20F, it is recommend that you use either an SAE 5W-30 synthetic oil or an SAE 0W-30 oil. Both will provide easier cold starting and better protection for your engine at extremely low temperatures"

quote:

quote:

Just brought the 06 Vibe home at 730pm. black vibe base with 141 miles on the odometer.

I take it this wasnt a factory order...141 miles is a bit of miles on a 'new' car.

Mine had 250 miles on it!
shocked.gif

But I did get some serious $$ off the car over one with 19 miles.

Also agree with Boxgrover, The 1ZZFE is NOT a sludger!
nono.gif

If it was me, I'd follow the manual and change it out every 3months and use whatever is on sale.

My $5 oil change incl filter showed very little to no wear with this engine.

For $20 a year in oil changes if you change it every 3 mo, not a bad deal and no hassle *if* you have to deal with warrenty issues..

Enjoy the new ride! My wife does not like the Matrix but does like the Vibe. We are going to check a few out and maybe one in our future?

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back