Never10 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not personally but he is spinrite maker , and,and the programming he does is not done a lot anymore . If you got an issue with any of the stuff he does just tweet him or ask and it might be selected on his q&a episode (security now on Twit.tv)from what I hear on security now I look like it was fixed not long ago .he has been coding o. Microsoft for decade . He got stuff Microsoft gave him in the early days of ms not many on the planet got. I don't sweat it never 10 works ,if it didn't he would fix it or remove it from grc

I got Never10 a couple of weeks ago, and so far it has worked as promised. I still double-check all updates that try to go through, but I have also seen update warnings that disappear before I get to them (I assume this is N10's work).

I'm glad I decided to go with Never10, and feel like it was just in the nick of time. Just in the past 2 days there are more and more reports of people being upset that W10 was forced upon them.

I upgraded to 10 and have had exactly zero problems. Everything continues to work just fine. I migrated from X-P to 7 to 10 and skipped all the other MS versions.

Quote from Never10

"but among them is the fact that Windows 10 has become controversial due to Microsoft's evolution of their Windows operating system platform into a service which, among other things, aggressively monitors and reports on its users activities"

Recently I upgraded to W10 from W7 on both my desktop and the wife's PC. FWIW At the end of the installation I turned off all the features that monitor and report information to Microsoft. So far no problems with W10 and overall performance is slightly faster.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: azjake
Quote from Never10

"...Windows 10 aggressively monitors and reports on its users activities"

I turned off all the features that monitor and report information to Microsoft.

And you really think that stops all the "aggressive monitoring"?

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I've been using GWX Control Panel which looks like it does the same thing.

Thats what I use on my 2 HTPC's than I do not want updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Why? This makes no sense to me at all.

There are many reasons. Some don't like the intrusion and privacy issues that come with Windows 10. There are still a lot of unknowns as to what happens in July when the free upgrade is up, what will MS do to make money now? Others do not like the interface (although it is better than 8/8.1, and I use Classic Shell to give me the old interface). As for me, as I said above, I have 2 HTPC's that exclusively use Windows Media Center for TV, movies, music and all other media, and Windows 10 does not have it.

I have Windows 10 on my laptop and it is OK. I still like windows 7 best and is what is on my desktop in the family room. I have 8.1 on my main desktop, and am debating jumping in on the free 10 before it is up just to have the key if I want to keep it.

look at the software DWS_Lite to further clean up windows 10 garbage security issues. A free download after you have turned everything else off that reports to MS

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of items (or a link to that info) that one can/should turn off in W10 (I have Win10 Pro) and where to find them in w10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back