Never owned any BITCOIN or the like- but BTC in the high 18k this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I don't own any crypto currency and have zero interest in crypto. I supposed if I want a hedge against anything, I will find a way to invest in farmland that produces grain.

With that said, I do watch BTC for entertainment purposes. For the first time since I have tracked, BTC is selling under 19k. BTC is selling for $18,800 at the moment. Yesterday I read an article that a hedge fund that was long BTC went into liquidation, so that may be a big reason for today's BTC price.

Warren Buffett doesn't endorse crypto as an investment. I have no idea.....

Reminds me of the dot com 90s before it all crashed in 2000.
Start up stocks sky high on a promise of profits that never materialized.
I stayed invested in blue chips, it was a minor bump in the road.

I have zero interest in BITCOIN, or even stocks for that matter. Neither are a match for me putting money into them. I do watch the stock market closely- only as I have a concern many elderly individuals, pension funds, etc have put money into stocks as a way to generate income. In the past, these elderly individuals and pension funds would have put their money into certificates of deposit and the like. Might be interesting to see what happens to the elderly and pension funds, etc if the stock market is discovered to be grossly overvalued. I am not saying the stock market is or isn't grossly overvalued; I am not smart enough to have a opinion on it.

If I want to invest, it will be in grain producing farmland in the United States. And preferably on farmland that does not require irrigation.

Funny, Bill Gates- has not been putting his money in stocks or the like over the past decade, but in farmland. He is rumored to be the largest owner (through his shell companies) of farmland in the USA.

Last edited:
I have zero interest in BITCOIN, or even stocks for that matter. Neither are a match for me putting money into them.

If I want to invest, it will be in grain producing farmland in the United States. And on farmland that does not require irrigation.

Funny, Bill Gates- has not been putting his money in stocks or the like over the past decade, but in farmland. He is rumored to be the largest owner (through his shell companies) of farmland in the USA.

Warren Buffett bought BNSF because for one thing "they can't pull it up and move it offshore".

Watched Bill Miller talking up Crypto on a PBS WealthTrack episode few months ago. As legendary of an investor as he is (was?), and as confident as he sounded about Bitcoin, i am still unconvinced that it is an investment. Maybe Bill Miller is right and the doubters are wrong, but i doubt that.

Reactions: GON
Ponzi Scheme IMO
Agree. I think some money was put in the system to get it kick started. Since them additional coins have been mined, and the other coins purchased gave the money to the sellers. I kind of doubt that the actual money behind BTC is a lot less than the product of $18,000 times the number of existing coins. If I am correct, it is definitely a Ponzi scheme. If I am wrong, I would certainly look for someone to explain how it is not and that the system is backed by actual funds remotely equivalent to the market capitalization of the system.

According to my eardrums and the grey putty between them, crypto is synonymous with Ponzi.

A conspicuous silence comes from people who work "Downtown" (Wall St. is downtown) when crypto comes up.
They have nothing to say. Are they just plain, average people who can't assemble a chain of thought (staying silent to mask their intellectual dullness)? Or are they lurking; hoping to make the "big purchase" of their sad lives?

The lamest things I've experienced re crypto are the completely empty, repetitive and stupid explanations of the stuff.
I'd bet any active sales efforts are targeted through social media or the arcane avenues information mining have revealed.

Wouldn't it be interesting to learn that gambling site data was "shared" with crypto hawkers?

On a different note: How'd those Hess trucks appreciate?
Did you make anything on those Buggs Bunny prints or Disney art you bought in the '90's?

Hopefully, the Bitcoin market crash will also crash the Bitcoin mining industry that has been using exorbitant amounts of electricity (just under 1% of total electric power production worldwide).

I don’t like crypto currencies and the thousands of various coins….

If you make profit on your cryptos, pay your taxes on your gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back