Never done an oil change before. Two questions: is a plastic washer ok with a new oil plug as shown in the picture? And how do you do an engine flush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most flush products are designed to be added to the sump and idle the engine like 15-30minutes then drain, although there's usually no reason to run a flush unless you're trying to fix a problem.

If you're going to be changing your own oil in your vehicle from now on, you might want to think about investing in one of these. I have them on all my vehicles, and I wouldn't be without one.

They make draining your oil effortless. Once you install the valve, you never touch it again. Nothing will leak, and you won't get a drop on you. And you can forget about wrenches, washers, and drain plugs.

After the bolt bottoms out, one Scotty grunt should be tight enough 😅🐎.

I use a torque wrench, just because I feel better doing it that way. My car is torqued about 30 lb-ft
Thanks. How do you avoid over tightening the filter?

If you're going to be changing your own oil in your vehicle from now on, you might want to think about investing in one of these. I have them on all my vehicles, and I wouldn't be without one.

They make draining your oil effortless. Once you install the valve, you never touch it again. Nothing will leak, and you won't get a drop on you. And you can forget about wrenches, washers, and drain plugs.

Thank you for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back