Neutra or Soy neutra or Valve sheild (Schaeffers#142) in a motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently purchased a 1978 BMW R100S that was to run on leaded fuel. The previous owner used a lead replacement. I have Neutra 131 already at home but wonder if I should use 131C Soy Neutra or the 142 Valve sheild. I also should tell you the BMW is a bit higher compression and the benifit of Soy Neutra may help. I want to take in consideration first: lead replacement 2nd: fuel enhancement as far as octane/combustibility goes and 3rd: fuel stabilization due to the fact the bike will sit during cold months for a time. Thanks for your help, Gary.

Where's BOB when you need him? Bob.....are you out there?
freak2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bigspoke:
I have recently purchased a 1978 BMW R100S that was to run on leaded fuel. The previous owner used a lead replacement. I have Neutra 131 already at home but wonder if I should use 131C Soy Neutra or the 142 Valve sheild. I also should tell you the BMW is a bit higher compression and the benifit of Soy Neutra may help. I want to take in consideration first: lead replacement 2nd: fuel enhancement as far as octane/combustibility goes and 3rd: fuel stabilization due to the fact the bike will sit during cold months for a time. Thanks for your help, Gary.

Gary,
I use the neutra in my harley. 1- lead/lubrication purpose, 2 cleaning, 3 fuel stabilizer. Neutra is not a gas octane boost of any sort. The only way you'll see improvements is if your system is not clean, then once it cleans it, you'll have better performance from the cleaning.

The 131c is suppose to do something with the gas that will help give better mileage unlike normal neutra doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back