Netflix instant movies on my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a cable or some cheap way to have my computer VGA output split to my TV which has a VGA input. I want to watch some Netflix instant movies from my computer.

I want to be able to use the computer monitor or watch on the TV screen. If I could split the VGA from the output of the computer the picture quality would not be degraded correct? I would like to do this without disconnecting things everytime I go to use the computer or TV.

I wasn't thinking right. You need the reverse of a KVM switch. I do the same thing as you want, but I use a laptop. I just leave a VGA cable connected to the back of my TV and connect it to the laptop when I want to watch something. If you are using a desktop, which I presume you are, it would be a little more difficult to crawl behind and unhook the cables.

Another option would be a dual-head video card where you could connect both your monitor and TV at the same time. They are not that expensive.

Now that you mention it I tried to use my laptop and could not get it to output to the TV?

I followed the procedure for the laptop and the signal would not show up on the TV.

I watch a lot of CBS's shows from the internet. They even have HD versions that look pretty good. Check your video drivers.

My TV is insistant on 1024x768 input... which it then stretches to fill the 16x9 screen. You could also try various refresh rates, 60hz should be safe.

You might have to have the TV on and 'listening' when the computer boots, conversely, you might have to have a signal on the VGA cable when you switch TV inputs.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
My TV is insistant on 1024x768 input... which it then stretches to fill the 16x9 screen. You could also try various refresh rates, 60hz should be safe.

You might have to have the TV on and 'listening' when the computer boots, conversely, you might have to have a signal on the VGA cable when you switch TV inputs.

I will check out your theory........ Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back