Nespresso machine.

Daughter bought us the VertuoLine coffee and expresso machine, came with a whole bunch of different coffee/expresso pods, what are some of your favorites to those that own one???
1665173692467.jpg

I have came close to buying one at Target when I've seen them on sale. The James Hoffman YouTube channel has some videos on Nespresso.
He's not a fan. Many of the Nespresso capsules are dark roast. Dark roast coffee is an easier way to hide inferior beans. I highly suggest you try some Starbucks Blonde or whatever light roast Nespresso offers if you drink black coffee.

Talk about nickel and diming, He's just another opinion :LOL: I'll pass judgment after I've had a chance to go thru some pods. ;).

I had that machine. It worked well but the prices of the pods started to be too much for me.

One of my favorites was the Half Caff pod. That’s a good one for a late afternoon or early evening cup. It tastes good and you don’t have to worry about jitters.

I liked some of the espresso pods too.

Keeping the machine clean is essential.

I have the original Nespresso (not vertuo) and really like Peet's Crema Scura pods. Not sure if they make them in vertuo format though.

Daughter bought us the VertuoLine coffee and expresso machine, came with a whole bunch of different coffee/expresso pods, what are some of your favorites to those that own one???
View attachment 120091

congrats

I ended up with one of these in a hotel room and got two pucks a day for free. Im curious what any responses might be.

I like the coffee these make but they remind me of a printer and ink model.

I go the other way with the more expensive automatic machine that I can put regular coffee beans into.

My friends love that stuff but I'm too cheap. 12 dollar 2.5lb bag of Starbucks beans from costco and a 20 dollar burr grinder and I make a 6 cup pot daily for pennies a cup. If I want a rare adhoc cup, I make a K-cup with a machine I had for years. The freshly ground coffee tastes better than any brew coffee you can buy. I drink black these days because the sugar gave me cavities.

My friends love that stuff but I'm too cheap. 12 dollar 2.5lb bag of Starbucks beans from costco and a 20 dollar burr grinder and I make a 6 cup pot daily for pennies a cup. If I want a rare adhoc cup, I make a K-cup with a machine I had for years. The freshly ground coffee tastes better than any brew coffee you can buy. I drink black these days because the sugar gave me cavities.

I used to roll this way. Its a time and office proven deal.

I dont drink coffee in a way that doesn't waste half the pot, or witnessing it sitting there I feel compelled drink it all to avoid waste. Then I get the sweats and look like Im doing an impression of the raiders of the lost ark guy.

With an automatic your cost per cup (outside the machine) is the same as bulk and every cup is the first cup like a puck setup.

FWrAGg6VEAARXmg.jpeg

I will add I've had coffee from 3 different pod machines, several Keurigs, a Nespresso and some Italian pod system. The Nespresso was good-the best system.
I don't understand the popularity of Keurig. But I kinda envy my brother that is perfectly fine with his cheap canned Folgers. Being a snob like I am doesn't add value to my life.

more costly for sure BUT if i like something its worth it to ME. we are all thrifty with various things IMO. i was impressed by how HOT my aunts older Keurig made the coffee + she got Dunkin dark roast for me for good strong + tasty coffee, to each his own + i drink it black avoiding white death aka sugar!! i must add that Ollies has good priced K-cups with Arabic beans in a dark roast + wondering if i fill my own-girlfriends machine K-cups if it would be strong enough for ME!!

more costly for sure BUT if i like something its worth it to ME. we are all thrifty with various things IMO. i was impressed by how HOT my aunts older Keurig made the coffee + she got Dunkin dark roast for me for good strong + tasty coffee, to each his own + i drink it black avoiding white death aka sugar!! i must add that Ollies has good priced K-cups with Arabic beans in a dark roast + wondering if i fill my own-girlfriends machine K-cups if it would be strong enough for ME!!

Way too much coffee. 😵‍💫

I like a stronger brew, so mainly go with the Vertuo Stormio and Odacio. Be sure to descale/cleanse the unit occasionally per instructions.
Enjoy your Nespresso.

I used to roll this way. Its a time and office proven deal.

I dont drink coffee in a way that doesn't waste half the pot, or witnessing it sitting there I feel compelled drink it all to avoid waste. Then I get the sweats and look like Im doing an impression of the raiders of the lost ark guy.

With an automatic your cost per cup (outside the machine) is the same as bulk and every cup is the first cup like a puck setup.

View attachment 120117
Ahhh the sweats 💯
In all seriousness I tried just drinking k cups, but the coffees just not on the same level as drip. I could drink 10 of those pods and not feel like I got enough caffeine. And I drink the dark roast which supposedly has less caffeine.
Actually the best coffee now that I think about it is strong as hell out of a percolator. My grandpa used to make that with fresh beans 🔥

Last edited:
Not sure if its available in the Vertuo line but Arpeggio (purple capsule) is my favourite from the original line up. Altissio maybe? BTW, there's no X in espresso @Malo83 .

Last edited:
I bought my bride one of these last spring...gets used many times a day, and we can use whatever beans/milk/creamer we want. Love it! I did have a Senseo back in the day, and then the Keurig - we still break the Keurig out when we have company as that is what most folks are comfortable using. I can say the unit below BLOWS AWAY the cup that either of those two machines could make, and we are not bound to proprietary pods/cups/etc.

The James Hoffman YouTube channel has some videos on Nespresso.
He's not a fan.
(offtopic rant)
it´s similar as ink printers. cheap machine, expensive cartridges.
i see 500g lavazza/tchibo bean bags for 10€. that´s only 20 nespreso cartridges.

I bought my bride one of these last spring...gets used many times a day, and we can use whatever beans/milk/creamer we want. Love it! I did have a Senseo back in the day, and then the Keurig - we still break the Keurig out when we have company as that is what most folks are comfortable using. I can say the unit below BLOWS AWAY the cup that either of those two machines could make, and we are not bound to proprietary pods/cups/etc.

We still have our Keurig, noticed that a lot of hotels we have been to have all Keurig machines in the room and lobby. ;)

Back