Neo oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the early 80's I raced 2-stroke 3wheelers. I picked up Neo as a sponsor. They raved about the 100:1 oil they wanteds me to use.

Siezed a few top ends so I went to my old standby of 32:1. Still had problems and now had tons of smoke.

I switched back to Golden Spectro which I was using before I switched to Neo and no more problems.

Thats my experiance with that oil.

Neo made a grand entry into the market in the 80's sometime if my aging mind is correct. I remember I was using Amsoil and my friend said Amsoil changed their formula and Neo was truly a full synthetic oil. I never did switch
laugh.gif
but Neo is an excellent oil. I glad I did not change, why? because Amsoil is for the mainstream oil user...like us!

Looking back now, if BITOG was around then I could have learned the difference between group III VI V and informed my friend of the different types, the pro's and cons. Neo is an excellent oil, pricie, but I would say very much for the racing end and not the general automotive type of market like Amsoil serves.

I have used the ATF; results in ATF UOA section. I'm on my 2nd OCI with it my 4T60E transmission.
I have also used their brake fluid. It has good specs; seems to be quality stuff.

Neo has been around since the '70s I believe. A guy from Australia, TdiRick I believe, has a fair amount of experience with them. However, they are not very well setup to deal with folks "off the street". They haven't had a real web site in a couple years, & it never stays updated. They really concentrate on racing as others have pointed out.

I use the Neo HP800 wheel bearing grease for brake sliders and as brake antisqueal. The stuff is nice and tacky and highly wash off resistant.

I swapped my oil out for Neo 10W-40 and brake fluid only last night. Car is a pretty hard working track oriented Subaru Sti putting out double the stock power so it will be interesting to see what the UOA's come in like.

I'll keep you posted

Are you thinking of using the 15w50 product there sprintman? Or maybe the 20w50? Or were you going to have them brew up some 25w70 for yourself?!?
grin.gif
cheers.gif

5W30 in the Outback and just went from 10W30 in the Mazda to 5W40. Much quiter and smoother with the 5W40. I've never run 40W70 but it's on the shelves. I did run 25W70 for many years in the Mazda

You 'dah man sprintman!!!

I do wish that we had access to some of the oils that you do, but as I say that, you've asked in the past about ones that we have here and you can't seem to get your hands on.

I guess that the oil always looks better on the other side of the water!
ufo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back