Neil Peart's car collection going up for auction

Neil Peart's collection of cars that he nicknamed the Silver Surfers will be up for auction at the Pebble Beach Concours in August. This article does not say where the proceeds will go but I can't help but think at least part of it will benefit cancer research and/or possibly music lessons or classes for young people. The man had some very cool cars, including a 1964 AC Cobra which that car alone is expected to sell for between $900,000 to a cool million. Here is a good article about it with pictures of the cars and a very good picture of a smiling Professor with his 1964 Aston Martin DB.

Good point about the Barchetta, I did not think of that one. I have always been Jimmy9190 here on BITOG, in fact I think BITOG was probably the very first site where I used that name. Jimmy is short for my given name, James and my first wife and I were married on Sept. 1, 1990 so that's where it came from. As big of a fan of the original VH as I am I have never thought about using 5150 in any of my online ID's.

I'll take the Miura. Anybody have some spare change to lend?

It was the archetype of the mid-engined sports car and Gandini's body of work speaks for itself.

Put me down for the Cobra. I'll drop $5k for a deposit, and then take a personal auto loan for the other $999,995. They can hold the title, and I'll just take it home with me. I might miss a few payments, but the repo man sure will have a hard time catchin' me! ;)

And it’s said he didn't like the gilded cage lifestyle eh ? Maybe just the many “Pearts“ 🧐

Don't get me wrong … if I’m only allowed a half dozen rock songs to dust off the speakers ? that’s one of them …

All but one car sold at Pebble Beach. His Aston Martin did not make the reserve but will be auctioned again some time from now. The Miura brought the highest price out of the collection, $1.325 Million. Here is a link with some cool history on the car and a lot of great pictures:

The Cobra sold for $1.16 Million.

The Corvette only brought $368,000.00 but I guess that is nothing to sneeze at either.

Even though the band retired in 2015 and I really did not care for much of their music after the Presto album I still wish Neil was still with us.

RIP Professor.

I wish the Cobra was in that shiny metal finish - I was at the Cobra factory/museum in Vegas a few years ago and that look was awesome (IMO). Would have fit his collection to a T.

Loved Neil Peart. He lost his wife and daughter (I think) in a car crash years ago. He drove a motorcycle across the US shortly after by himself (if I remember). RIP. A true legend and if you play the drums, you know how hard and tiring it is to even attempt his stuff. Demoralizing actually.

Back