Neglected BMW wheels

I’m not tracking my car or anything.
Exactly.
The majority of folks purchasing these cars use them as commuters...the auto trans is a pretty good indicator.
No need to use an aggressive pad that's only benefit is to make a mess of the wheels.

Exactly.
The majority of folks purchasing these cars use them as commuters...the auto trans is a pretty good indicator.
No need to use an aggressive pad that's only benefit is to make a mess of the wheels.
Nah, they bite better and stop more consistently in all conditions. There's a reason the Germans use them.

Last time I checked, this isn't Germany.
Yeah, that’s why there are so many cars with clean wheels that have **** for cold and wet brake bite.

Pretty much every car that isn’t an econobox pos has dusty pads. You have it exactly opposite. Commuters benefit most from the dusty pads. My track pads dust slightly less than my street pads. Street pads need high cold bite.

Thankfully, I only have to clean the front wheels. The previous owner must have had ceramics put on the rear, but semi metallics on the front????

Fronts are at 11mm after 25k miles, rears are at 8mm after xx miles. Looks like stage 1 of brake sensor is around 6mm?
IMG_3010.jpeg
IMG_3002.jpeg

Just thought I would update this:

I am going to install Raybestos element 3 ceramic brake pads. FF rating.

Right now, I'm worried about car that is stuck in parking lot. I am getting it towed back to house to install a new starter

Just thought I would update this:

I am going to install Raybestos element 3 ceramic brake pads. FF rating.
So you're going to toss your high-performing OE pads for some $20-$30 chinese brake pads in hopes of not washing your wheels as often.

Brilliant.

Shopping for pads based on those friction ratings alone, is akin to shopping for tires using UTQG ratings.

I highly doubt they are OE pads. And yeah, I can't stand the constant squealing.

Many people like them, so I thought why not give them a try

So you're going to toss your high-performing OE pads for some $20-$30 chinese brake pads in hopes of not washing your wheels as often.

Brilliant.

Shopping for pads based on those friction ratings alone, is akin to shopping for tires using UTQG ratings.
I've used a lot of brake pads and I thought the EHT were pretty good actually. They have a lot more bite than many other low dust pads. For example, I replaced Hawk HPS 5.0 with Raybestos EHT on my Mazda and they actually have much better initial bite.

Some BMWs have really over-assisted brakes so I wouldn't be opposed to using them depending on the car.

I've used a lot of brake pads and I thought the EHT were pretty good actually. They have a lot more bite than many other low dust pads. For example, I replaced Hawk HPS 5.0 with Raybestos EHT on my Mazda and they actually have much better initial bite.

Some BMWs have really over-assisted brakes so I wouldn't be opposed to using them depending on the car.
Yeah, was trying to find compromise between ceramic and semi metallic. I had a hard time spending more money for akebonos, which are said to have inferior feel. I wasn’t shopping based on friction rating, just stating what they are.

Back