Need torque speck for 2016 Honda CR-V EX bolts rear hatch hinge?

Had to remove the rear hatch on my 2016 Honda CR-V EX.

Does anyone know the torque speck for the bolts that hold the hinges to the hatch? There are 2 on each side.

Speck?

The latch isn't exactly a critical fastener, just tighten and be done with it.
I totally agree, not everything needs to be torqued. Personally, about the only thing I use my torque wrenches for is internal engine parts.

maybe if you asked for torque spec. ;)

As mentioned, Estimate the bolt size and then tighten appropriate to "good n tight" for that size bolt.

How much torque did it require to take them off? I agree with what's already been posted but my rough guess would be about 26 ft lbs.

What thread and pitch is it and what is the bolt strength?
1670530547678.jpg

#19/20 are M8 bolts, so probably 15-20 ft lbs?

Depending on the strength of the bolt somewhere between 18-25 ft lbs.. I don't torque stuff like this. Just crank it till it feels good

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208-130928.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208-130928.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 7
I'm putting longer lift support gas struts on it, so it will open a lot higher, so I do not hit my forehead on the side of the gate anymore. My neck cannot take the abuse. Usually I remember, but about once every couple of months when I'm in a hurry I step off the curb beside the back of the vehicle and boom, slam my forehead. My neck is in serious dander of serious damage.

I got struts that open 2.16 inch more than original length, and can still close to the original size, from Lift
Support Depo.

But the top lip of the hatch would hit the outside top of the roof if I put them on. So I'm having a body shop roll back the upper lip to remove it.

It's off the vehicle now and painted. Going back on tomorrow, with the new struts that open to 26 inches.

Since they attach close to the hinge, and the bottom of the hatch is far from the hinge, the bottom will end up a lot higher when opened all the way. Yay, no more boom, and even much less bending over when loading or unloading which will be welcome for my bad back. A double win.

Last edited:
Back