Need to choose appliances before Tuesday

I bought a foreclosed home to flip and need to buy appliances or an appliance package. The home is all electric and is in a upper middle class neighborhood, so no bottom rung junk attempting to maximize profit.

I need a 30" slide in induction range, a 36" fridge, a dishwasher and there is a microwave cubby to put a countertop microwave in.
The appliance shortage even for Bosch dishwashers is over.

The Frigidaire Gallery series is "smudge proof". From my in store testing compared to others, Frigidaire got it right.

Bosch is well regarded for its dishwashers, but many people that have a Bosch dishwasher don't have other Bosch appliances.

GE has two lines of high end appliances, Cafe being in the middle while Monogram is high end. Cafe and monogram aren't well known brands.

So if your looking at homes, would you favor a full suite of Frigidaire Gallery, Bosch or Cafe appliances? Induction slide in ranges aren't available in every brand.

If you really want to offer an "upper middle class" option then do a convection microwave too. I suppose their may not be a need for it since the stove is electric already. just a thought.

No matter what get "energy star" rated appliances. For items, especially fridges, that can last 10+ years the lower running cost can save the owner... Great selling point.

As for which brand just do a good dive into the warranty pdf's. Does one provide a longer one over the other? I've had great success with Frigidaire. My top loaded freezer is 14 years old now.

We have a Gallery dishwasher. Wife bought it and I never really looked at anything about it, but it really is smudge proof. It still looks like I just peeled the plastic off of the stainless a year later. Ours has the third rack. It's very handy, though it doesn't dry plastic items in the top rack completely sometimes.

It's also extremely quiet and washes so well that we never use anything besides the quick wash.

I really like our frigidaire gallery microwave, range, fridge, dishwasher.
We opted for the microwave without an exposed handle which looks more upscale.
They are nice appliances at a fair price.

1) What about higher end used ones from people remodeling their kitchen in upper class neighborhood homes?
2) If you are on a deadline, why not offer a $5,000 appliance rebate with the house? Then buyers can choose whatever brand and color they like. Seems like a win win for seller and buyer.

Well, if you wanted to impress and display, no matter practical or not = Kitchenaid
I only say that because we are in the market for our new home, they are impressive looking for style but not sure much else.

Bosch is also an impressive appliance, many people may just have the dishwasher because of cost and availability, same might go for kitchenaid

For us, what met our needs the most was Frigidaire Gallery Counter Depth Refrigerator. But this is a new retirement type of home for us and just me and my wife, it will look awesome being counter depth.
Kitchenaid makes a nice one too, just dont feel its worth over $4000 and actually like the Gallery for $2000 less. But it's not about the money really ... the house itself will have builder installed GE built in oven and convection microwave, separate counter stove top and dishwasher. they are already installed and looks real sweet.

I think key is making sure let's say, if you do mix that the same color stainless is used.

We are well aware of the GE Cafe' and have looked at those, we looked at so many that it's a blur. Did not get to see Monograms, none in stores here. We are kind of choosey and when looking at many of these appliances, some stuff jsut seems cheap, like the plastic draws in some refrigerators ect.

Below are the upgraded builder installed appliances and we are just making sure the stainless color of the refrigerator is the same regardless of brand which will most likely be the link above but still deciding. The dishwasher and stovetop photos arent the greatest I took them from a video we made but they are a bright stainless too and all match with the oven and microwave
IMG_6242.jpeg

IMG_6420.jpeg

View recent photos.jpeg

Last edited:
Are the appliances in stock? That might be your deciding factor.

I'm probably strange but I'd prefer nothing and an appropriately lower price so I can go choose what I want and get exactly what I prefer not just something good I won't be unhappy with but won't like as well as my own choice.

Got a pic of the kitchen? I like idea of a credit but having it full of appliances can really help sell the kitchen. Price point you are targeting will also influence my answer. I like the GE Monogram line. Our kitchen has Thermador appliances which have been great so far. The basement has Kenmore stuff as does the guest house.

... I like idea of a credit but having it full of appliances can really help sell the kitchen....
Agree and I think the OP will too, you're showcasing the house and want it dressed up, not have holes in the kitchen where someone has to "imagine" what it can look like. Thats why even if they arent the highest end products, as long as they look good, someone can imagine maybe down the road replacing if they want.

I've checked, appliances for the most part are in stock.
Its a 2 story home with a small kitchen. GE doesn't make an induction slide in, but is offered in the Cafe brand.
Bang for the buck is Frigidaire Gallery, but I'm not familiar with it and it seems like buying cheap paint to me.

The Cafe brand offers a countertop microwave that will fit and look great in the microwave cubby, but it's expensive.
I'm leaning towards Cafe but I wish it had more brand recognition.

I bought a foreclosed home to flip and need to buy appliances or an appliance package. The home is all electric and is in a upper middle class neighborhood, so no bottom rung junk attempting to maximize profit.

I need a 30" slide in induction range, a 36" fridge, a dishwasher and there is a microwave cubby to put a countertop microwave in.
The appliance shortage even for Bosch dishwashers is over.

The Frigidaire Gallery series is "smudge proof". From my in store testing compared to others, Frigidaire got it right.

Bosch is well regarded for its dishwashers, but many people that have a Bosch dishwasher don't have other Bosch appliances.

GE has two lines of high end appliances, Cafe being in the middle while Monogram is high end. Cafe and monogram aren't well known brands.

So if your looking at homes, would you favor a full suite of Frigidaire Gallery, Bosch or Cafe appliances? Induction slide in ranges aren't available in every brand.
Decide if you want White or Stainless. Get the same color for all, in a size that fits the space, i.e. not too big. Counter depth is best. Bosch is a good DW. Hope this helps.

Back