Need to buy Car Wash Soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bottle of Liquid Crystal Car Wash, which I have had for a few years (I don't wash my vehicle much), just ran out and I need to buy a new bottle.

Costco had a big bottle of ArmourAll Wash and Shine (I think that was the name). Apparently, with this, you do not have to apply wax separately, sfter washing the car. My feeling is that such a product would produce far inferior results to using a car wash soap and then applying wax afterwards.

So, I thought I would check with the experts. Also, recommendations on what wash and what wax to buy will be greatly appreciated.

I use ($3)Blure Coral car wash and sometimes Meguiar's.For car care, I mostly use Meguiar's products since they work great for me and easy to get. I also use Mother's back to black andBblack Magic's tire cleaner/wet.

I like Meguiar's (sp?) products. I use their NXT Generation liquid wax, it is great ! So I use their NXT Generation car soap, but it is hard to find in stores, I ordered it online.

DEEP CRYSTAL® CAR WASH is a Meguiar's product and most stores carry this. Their Gold Class car wash is good also.

Last edited:
Meguiar's Gold Class is a pretty good shampoo.

I'm not a big proponent of all-in-one type of products. As for wax/sealant, there are so many good ones... it's a personal preference really. I used Zaino in the past with good results. Lately I've been to lazy to wax my car though...

Most of the good name brand products work well. Brands like Meguiars, Mothers, Eagle One, 3M, etc. If you can find a deal on a good sized jug, I'd grab it.

The wash & wax products don't work all that well in the wax dept. They add maybe a little shine and make water bead on your paint, but that goes away after a rainstorm or some hot weather.

If you want a product to add some shine and protection, try one of the spray waxes or something like Eagle One Wax As You Dry, which is sprayed onto the car when its wet, then dried off with a towel.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
If you want a product to add some shine and protection, try one of the spray waxes or something like Eagle One Wax As You Dry, which is sprayed onto the car when its wet, then dried off with a towel.

Much better results than relying on a wash/wax.

I use Turtle Wax Zip Wash. Of all the "adds wax as you wash" soaps, I have found it to work best at giving a long lasting shine from washing my truck. You can usually find a big jug for about $5.00 at Walmart.

Nothing is better than washing first then waxing the car by hand. I really like Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax. Of all the wax brands I have used, it shines the best and lasts the longest.

I'm very happy with Duragloss products. I use their car was concentrate (#901), and their Total Performance Polish (#105). It's a bit deceiving b/c it's called a Polish, but it's not, it's a wax; you can call or email Duragloss to confirm that. I also use their Polish Bonding Agent (#601) with the TPP #105, b/c it's supposed to help the TPP and last longer. The results are excellent, the look is great and the durability lasts. To give you an idea, I used the #601 & #105 combo back in October, and water still beads up solid on my car right now.

I also use their AquaWax (#951) after every wash. It's another great product from them which I think I'm going to start buying by the gallon.

I'm not affiliated with Duragloss in any way, but I'm a big fan of their products. Do a search on car detailing forums, I haven't seen anyone say anything bad about them. They might say something is better, or last longer, but for the price Duragloss is EXCELLENT. I've found their products to be easy to use, with great results that last, at reasonable prices; I really can't ask for more then that.

Another nice thing about the #105, is that I didn't have any problems with it showing up on black plastic, trim, or rubber. I would just apply it, if I got some where I shouldn't I would just wipe it off when I got done applying it and was waiting for everything to set.

Duragloss isn't as well known as other companies, but I heavily suggest you do some research and look into them b/c I think they offer the best products for their price

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
I use Turtle Wax Zip Wash. Of all the "adds wax as you wash" soaps, I have found it to work best at giving a long lasting shine from washing my truck. You can usually find a big jug for about $5.00 at Walmart.

+1 on the TW Zip. It also doesn't seem to screw with the wax that is currently on the car. It seems to refresh your current shine.

I like anything that is really concentrated. Meg's NXT is on the top of my list. Eagle One is pretty good too. Lately I've been using ONR. People say they can use it quicker than traditional soap but I find a hose and a bucket is faster for me.

The Blue Coral stuff is way too thin. I have to use triple that stuff to get the slickness I can get with the thicker stuff.

Megs Gold Class shampoo and conditioner is a good one for the price. Much cheaper at wal mart than the auto parts stores.

I also use the Duragloss car wash concentrate. Normally around $25 for the 128oz bottle but it last a long time. I found it I forget where (i think excel detailing) for $16 so I got 2 bottles. Really good soap.

Griots garage car wash is really good too but even more expensive.

Duragloss aquawax and megs ultimate quick wax are two very good spray on wax boosters to use between washes and real wax sessions.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Most of the good name brand products work well. Brands like Meguiars, Mothers, Eagle One, 3M, etc. If you can find a deal on a good sized jug, I'd grab it.

The wash & wax products don't work all that well in the wax dept. They add maybe a little shine and make water bead on your paint, but that goes away after a rainstorm or some hot weather.

+1

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Meguiar's Gold Class is a pretty good shampoo....

Before I switched to ONR, Megs GC was my go to OTC brand. Good stuff.

Wash-n-wax is a gimmick. Reminds of those commercials that promise 6 pack abs in only 15 minutes a week.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm very happy with Duragloss products. I use their car was concentrate (#901), and their Total Performance Polish (#105). It's a bit deceiving b/c it's called a Polish, but it's not, it's a wax; you can call or email Duragloss to confirm that. I also use their Polish Bonding Agent (#601) with the TPP #105, b/c it's supposed to help the TPP and last longer. The results are excellent, the look is great and the durability lasts. To give you an idea, I used the #601 & #105 combo back in October, and water still beads up solid on my car right now.

Had you actually called them (as I did) you would have learned that it is a sealant, as is Aquawax. Neither one contains ANY wax which the two brothers that own the company will confirm. Blowing smoke up folks shorts does not make you a hero here......nice try but you FAIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back