Need Tire Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Own a 4-door 03 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner (V6). Had a "Tires for Life" program with dealer, so they always changed my tires for me. Well, have moved far away from dealer and now need to get tires.

Sticker on the door shows air pressure recommendations for both P225/75 R15 102S and P265/70 R16 111T. Currently, the truck has BFG Rugged Trail T/A in P265/70 R16 111S M+S.

So, couple of questions:

1. Which tire size do I need to look for?
2. Looking at Costco for tires - are their tires and service of good quality?
3. Should I stay with the BFG Rugged Trail T/A tire or look at something which Costco sells, such as the Bridgestone - Dueler H/L Alenza Plus or the Michelin - X Radial LT2?

Thanks to everyone for your help and information.

Last edited:
How far away is the dealer?

I'd make a road trip out of it to save $800+ on a set of tires.

I wish I could, on other side of the state now. Plus, the program was for all work to be done at dealership (all oil changes and maintenance). Already blown that with multiple oil changes were I am now.

I bought my last set of tires at Costco. Now, it may be different at my Costco, but from what I've seen they do not carry "house brands" here. I went with Michelin LTX M/S2. Not the cheapest, but Costco had a price that the indies couldn't match. I am happy with them.

No problems with the install. The Costco techs can do this job just as good as anyone else, IMHO. Would consider purchasing again from Costco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back