need the best ATF, just rebuilt the trans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent $1800 rebuilding my 4l60e (GM) trans, and after spending this much i want to make sure i put the best possible oil in it. I looked at a case of royal purple for 135 shipped and that seems to be in my affordable price range.
unfortunately i heard some less than spectacular things about the RP max atf fluid.
is this true? and is there something better that i could use instead?
thanks in advance

I wouls say Amsoil ATF, it makes my Turbo 350 transmission with 367,000 miles shift like it is brand new.

PM me if you want, I have some other tips.

Never heard a bad thing about Amsoil's products. Their transmission and gear lubes seem to be their best. They'd be a great choice.

The only other brand I'd recommend off the bat is RLI BioSyn.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Amsoil, Redline and Schaeffers all make excellent synthetic ATF fluids.

Amsoil is probably the easiest to get, just PM Pablo and he'll set you right up :)

If Amsoil ATF was not around then Redline and Schaeffer's would be an excellent choice

You could also switch it to Dexron VI
Valvoline states on the bottle that theirs is a full synthetic.
The GM stuff from the dealer is a synthetic blend made by Petro Canada, and also seems to be good stuff.
The GM literature stated that the DEX VI provides much better clutch protection and film strength than the older DEX III.

I'm sure the Amsoil would be an excellent choice, if you can afford it. Their proctucts are top notch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back