Need ST Oil Filter # for SC 3.8l 2000 Buick Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Walmart last night and looked it up. My Walmart did not have it in stock and I'd like to know:

1) If anyone knows the part #.

2) Is this a particular ST filter with a bypass filter on the dome.

If it all works out, I'll have my Walmart order a case of them for me.

Thanks!

My local Walmart is almost always out of AC PF-52s and the ST-3980 cross ref. Both Ecores by the way. Not sure if demand is that high or they are trying to sell the Frams. There are labeled places on the shelf for them but no filters.

Alright, I'm confused.... all ST filters were $2.84 cents at my local Walmart. I'd like one of those or any other filter (MC, AC, etc.) if it is cheaper provided it is a decent filter.

Thus far I hear:
ST 3387a
ST 3980

Which one is it and where r u guys pulling info from? Just memory cause u have the same l67 supercharged engine? Thx.

Originally Posted By: Bster13
2) Is this a particular ST filter with a bypass filter on the dome.
No. No bypass as this is GM with bypass built into engine.

Using the Purolator app it looks like the L10111 is the correct app. That is the equivalent of the ST 3387a.

It appears the ST 3980 is a longer version of 3387a and would fit if there is room for a longer filter. The Purolator equivalent is L24011.

Is the ST a good filter? Guess that would depend on how you view the ecore design. Some like it, some don't.

If all you want is cheap, advance has the powerflos (purolators) for $1.99, you have to ask, they are for quick lubes and have them behind the counter

Originally Posted By: EagleFTE
My local Walmart is almost always out of AC PF-52s and the ST-3980 cross ref. Both Ecores by the way. Not sure if demand is that high or they are trying to sell the Frams. There are labeled places on the shelf for them but no filters.

Sorry for the confusion Bster. I didn't mean to imply the PF52/ST3980 was what you needed/wanted. Just saying that popular GM compatible filters are becoming hard to find at Walmart whether in ST or AC Delco. I don't know why they would do that.

Like someone said. Look up the Fram # for your SC Regal and that should be your ST #.

No sweat, picked up 7 x the longer L24011 Classics w/ my Autozone 40% discount ($3.59/filter - $1.50 Purolator rebate = $2.09 / filter!) this wknd... happy camper.
smile.gif

Quote:
No sweat, picked up 7 x the longer L24011 Classics w/ my Autozone 40% discount ($3.59/filter - $1.50 Purolator rebate = $2.09 / filter!) this wknd... happy camper.
smile.gif

?? Afaik, AZ doesn't sell Purolator. Did you mean Advance Auto with BIG10 code? Good choice of filter though, IMO.

Whoops AZ is my local store, but you're right I used a bunch of AA codes and drove to the neighboring town.
smile.gif

Quote:
Whoops AZ is my local store, but you're right I used a bunch of AA codes and drove to the neighboring town.
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif
Right now tough to beat the AAP online codes. And, recently AAP dropped the online price of Pure Ones to $5 from ~$6.50, add the BIG10 code and you got P1's for $3 each. Now that's a deal too.

I went with the oversized classics, figuring that would make up the difference in the filtering ability of the P1s. Who knows, not a bad pickup on either filter.

Classic's work fine, just finished a 6k OCI using one and posted cut open pics here. A good choice in a solid economy filter, and all that much better with the rebate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back