Need oil advice......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys......quick rundown........98 Formula..LS-1......6-speed.......60k on the clock........

What would be the best oil to run and what weight......I live in Florida and this thing will be babied......Thanx

Nice Car!
grin.gif
It depends on if you want to go with a Synthetic Oil or a conventional Oil. If you are not looking at extended drains then a Dino oil will do fine in Florida weather. 10W-30 seems a perfect viscosity for your climate.

2002 Camaro SS #8774 316RWHP 326RwTQ Stock 1,500 miles.

2000 Jeep TJ Wrangler Lifted, Locked and ready to Roll!

Nope sorry ....no pics of her yet...she is at a car lot in town here.......The thing flat hauls arse.....I traded a sweet 85 Mustang GT conv in on it.....which in itself had sme money in it.....motor wise......

I have always run Mobil 1 in the stang and am wondering if I should switch to Royal Purple or Redline....maybe Amsoil...all are readily available to me here......definitly going the synth route.......so what would be the best....I'm gonna have this for awhile too.....

Also synth filters have been the choice for me too....

Honestly, you can't go wrong if you choose any one of those oils listed, they'll all work very well in your car. You might find you'll have less oil consumption with Redline or Amsoil though, as they are on the thicker end of the 10w30 scale. A lot of LS1s still have oil burning problems with Mobil 1 10w30 since it's on the lower end of the 30wt scale. Definitely stay away from 5w30 in the LS1, it'll just make any piston slap issues that much more noticeable.

PS-I miss my LS1 Formula something awful, it was the best car I ever owned. I traded it for a 97 GTP, but then quickly realized it was a mistake, but I couldn't afford (nor could I even find) another 98 Formula, so I got the 95 instead.

Sorry to hear that man......mine..well soon now.....is Black M6 t-top...60K......I paid 12.5K for her.....think I'm gonna run the redline.....thankx.......Terry

In Florida (or just about anywhere for that matter) you should run nothing but 10w30 in the LS1.

Any pics of that car on the net? I used to have a Blue Green Chameleon 98 Formula (now I have a 95 Formula)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back