Need new tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a great deal on tires for my Avalanche the size is 275/65-R18 . where is the best place to purchase them?

Check local tire shops, they usually have a good brand on sale. Try and wait til black Friday for tire deals, if it's safe for u.

If you can wait a month, there will be plenty of black friday sales
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
Check local tire shops, they usually have a good brand on sale. Try and wait til black Friday for tire deals, if it's safe for u.

Agreed. No matter where you shop there is little difference in the out the door price on tires. Kinda like shopping for gas. I get better, friendlier service at my local tire place.

Originally Posted By: bvance554

Agreed. No matter where you shop there is little difference in the out the door price on tires. Kinda like shopping for gas. I get better, friendlier service at my local tire place.

+1.
And if you have a problem....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gebo
Originally Posted By: bvance554

+1.
And if you have a problem....

I buy my tires from a local shop I trust if they are within $75 of buying online and paying for installation.
The problem lately is that they have not been able to do that lately, and now you have WalMart selling some pretty high quality tires, too. Things are getting tougher and tougher for the indy shops most of us like...I want to support them, but there is a limit to how much more I will spend.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
265/70/18s will fit, and you can get take-off's from lifted 3500s almost for free.
Really, Where would one find some??

There is a ton of them on Kijiji. Guys (and some peoples' daughters), lift their HDs within a month of purchase. Our case #1, the truck never made it off the dealer lot with the stock tires. The 265/75/16s off an 06 Duramax went on a 88 Toyota 4X4 and #2, 265/60/20s from a 2011 went on a 2013 1500 GMC.
I saw a set of 22s off a 16 Yukon Denali the other day, wheels & all for $2K Canadian which is $1,500 USD. The owner did not like the fast steering.

Great deal? Find out who has or can get some China tires...Sailun, Crosswind, Maxxis, etc. They are the cheapest and honestly aren't bad. I send back Goodyears, Michelins, Continentals, etc under warranty all the time on brand new vehicles, most often for vibration/won't balance. No problems ever from the China tires. I put a set on one of my own trucks and they have been great. They are the only thing we use on the delivery trucks at work.

I ended up Not Waiting, I went to Discount Tire and Bought 4 Bridgestone Alenza Plus tires ( 265/70-18) they were on sale for $146.00 each plus a $70 pre-paid visa card. cant beat that deal anywhere. (80.000 mile tires)

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
265/70/18s will fit, and you can get take-off's from lifted 3500s almost for free.
Thanks. I saved a lot by going with this size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back