Need new tires for a 02 civic ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I personally prefer h rated tires because the sidewalls are a little stiffer.

Ive heard great things, and claims that the sidewalls arent as mushy as a typical S/T rated tire for the yokohama avid touring.

the new yokohama H4S tire is nice, my father has the v4s on his E300D. Stay away from the older H4 and T4 tires, they werent anything special.

JMH

BF Goodrich Traction T/A

GREAT tire for little $$$$$
cool.gif

I'm with Ruking77 on this one!

2 words for the Turanza LS-T in your application...

Sue Weet.

Those who mention bf goodrich, I have heard that the sidewall on these tires(according to my former boss who had a saleen mustang) easily blow out, and told me they weren't worth it. Is that true today or have they improved?

Looks like its between the bridgestone, yokohama, dunlop, and maybe bf goodrich. Hmm.......

Anyone got any suggestions for all season tires? I was thinking the bridgestone potenza g009s, but Im still unsure. Have about 41000 on the stock pos firestones, and am looking for a new set of tires.

I like the dunlop sport a2 tires: H rated, AA tractio, A temp rating.

If your car has a relatively neutral alignment, these are good tires, if your car's alignment tends to wear one side faster than another (inside or outside tread), the softness of the compound will make these tires not last.

Ive bought 5 sets of these thus far.

The goodyear assurance tripletread tires are good thus far, we have these on my mother's car, and they are nice riding tires with excellent traction.

JMH

My top choices for the 2004 Honda Civic 4 door VP are

Toyo Ultra 800
Bridgestone Turanza LS-T
Goodyear Triple Tread
Goodyear Comfort Tread
BF Goodrich Traction T/A T

All of these happen to be T rated but the S rated should do just fine also. I have a tendency to do longer road trips, (300-600 miles) so the Toyo's 100,000 mile warranty is attractive to me.

The H rated tires in some ways are almost total overkill, unless you like to cruise at 90-115 mph.
smile.gif

If you like H rated tires, my VW Jetta TDI uses them and the top choices are

Toyo TPT
Bridgestone G009
BF Goodrich Traction T/A-H
Yokohama Avid H4S
Falken Ziex 512

Those who mention bf goodrich, I have heard that the sidewall on these tires(according to my former boss who had a saleen mustang) easily blow out

That is 100% BULL. I have had BF Goodrich tires on my 5.0 Mustang and Vette with zero problems. And currently I have Traction TA tires on my wife's Honda Civic and they are very good tires. Go to www.tirerack.com for tire reviews.

Are his tires properly inflated ??
Does he have too much negative camber ??

I would strongly recommend Michelin "Harmony" all season tires. They have a tread wear warranty of 81,000 miles (will last alot longer if looked after). I drive a 2001 Honda Civic and have 80,000 miles on mine right now and there not even close to being worn out yet - seriously! I drive year round with them in Ottawa,Canada and they are great in the winter. I am expecting them to last until the end of the fall - 100,000 miles on the tires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back