need new ingnition wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found them to be decent wires and a sight better than some other commonly available wiresets. At least they're not just carbon impregnated aramid fiber core like many. The Bosch hold up way better than those, especially together with the longer life plugs now available.

I do not trust anything made by Bosch at all.Bosch makes the cheapest [censored] including their plug wires.

OmniSpark wires @ O'reilly auto parts are good. Silicon construction, OE-grade quality and resistance, and they have a lifetime warranty. <$30 for a 4-cylinder. also NGK wires are good too but more expensive.

I have used the Omnispark wires, and they seem to be as good or better than the Bosch at the same or lower price.

Yeah, the Bosch spark plugs might not be so spectacular, but overall I would disagree about Bosch being low quality stuff. It is certainly not true about most of their product line.

Bosch has a bad rap because their new spark plugs often misfire or cause problems.
But historically, most of their products are very good, even their rebuilds are top notch.
I just put Bosch plug wires on my own car. They seem very well built.

Bosch products are junk including their power tools.Plus Bosch loves to screw up companies they buy out and Vetronix,an aftermarket scan tool company is one victim of this.The service went down the drain because of Bosch!They do not care about their employees too,I was talking to a guy and his son in law was a victim of this.The son in law was layed off and Bosch shut down the plant without any notices.Their power tools do not hold up,my father's friends Tim and Tom got cordless drills from their brother in law that worked at Bosch.The batteries failed and it was cheaper to buy a new cordless drill.They wil never buy another Bosch power tool again including my father.My father bought a Bosch circular saw and took it back getting his money back,no power

You know, ive read a little abuot bosch stuff..i kida dont trust them. Thier o2 sensors seem to be very reliable, and thier oil fitlers, but alot of plymouth neon mechanics DONT likethem...they opt to get walker, or NGK, or Denso o2 sensros..They seem to feel and think the Bosch sensors dont perform as good.
I have a set of bosch wires i bought like 5 or 6 years ago...thier ok, but the mopar ones performed the best. I did an ohmeter test on the bosh wires, and they had the lwoest rating in ohms, moapr was 2nd highest. I tested a few otehrs i had, napa mileage plus(high ohms) and fram wires( in the middle). The fram wires, bought at an advacne auto, gafve my radio static problems and slight enigne surge. The napa ones were ok, but felt some performance loss. The bosch wires, seemed ok.

I think the problem with Bosch is that their OEM stuff is fine- but their aftermarket stuff is garbage.

I've purchased two sets now of the Autozone standard wires (Duralast, I think). I was very impressed with their quality/price ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back