Need help with old grille/brush guard.

Well I was out at the junk yard yesterday and found a nice hood and front bumper for my old fixer upper 1997 Silverado. Guy made me a deal on an old grille guard that is in almost perfect condition. I wasn't looking to buy a grill guard, but like most BITOG'er I had a weak moment at the junk yard.

The guard is definitely vintage 1990's. It is very heavy stainless steel, and well constructed. It has NO name on it. Just a small sticker on top from where it was purchased that is mostly unreadable.

It's missing some mounting hardware, and I think the one's it came with are incorrect for it.

Seems like this model was popular back then, but I cannot find out anything on it after googling for several hours last night.

Really would love to mount it up, as it is in great condition and well made.

Attachments

• IMG_3434.jpg
    IMG_3434.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3436.jpg
    IMG_3436.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3435.jpg
    IMG_3435.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 28
It sure looks like an old Luverne Truck Equipment guard to me.

I had one that came on a '92 Dodge Ram that I bought used from North Dakota. It was very well made and I liked it a lot.

www.luvernetruck.com
That's great info. Will have to look it up. That's interesting because the only two words I can read on the info sticker say "truck equipment"!

Well I was out at the junk yard yesterday and found a nice hood and front bumper for my old fixer upper 1997 Silverado. Guy made me a deal on an old grille guard that is in almost perfect condition. I wasn't looking to buy a grill guard, but like most BITOG'er I had a weak moment at the junk yard.

The guard is definitely vintage 1990's. It is very heavy stainless steel, and well constructed. It has NO name on it. Just a small sticker on top from where it was purchased that is mostly unreadable.

It's missing some mounting hardware, and I think the one's it came with are incorrect for it.

Seems like this model was popular back then, but I cannot find out anything on it after googling for several hours last night.

Really would love to mount it up, as it is in great condition and well made.
Sent out an email to Luverne customer support this morning. Hope to hear something soon!

Back