Need help selecting an oil for my 701cc 2 stroke yamaha superjet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, I just picked this ski up. The previous owner ran Yamalube its whole life(this ski is premixed, no oil injection). My question is, what oil should I run in it? I know yamalube seems like a great choice, but I just can't justify paying almost $16 when I can get amsoil hp injector for a couple bucks more.

Any suggestions?

Thx,

Aaron

I'm going to be using the Mobil MX2T for the next few months on my triple-piped GPR. I have been using the Amsoil 2000/Dominator..came on here and decided to try the MX2T. Which looks like a very good oil considering it is used by the European road racers.

2 strokes need love too...so I'm going with this new oil. I have researched the crap out of this. My main desire is cleaner power-valves with a touch of extra protection for the high rpm's.

There are industry guys on this board..I trust them just like I trust the Yamaha guys for my tech.

My ski does not have any powervalves on the engine. Main thing I am looking for is a good syn oil for 20 bucks a gallon. I dont care if I have to pay a buck or two more than that, but I would prefer a syn over a conventional since the price difference isn't much and the additive package is better!!!!!

Quaker State has a recent new product "Extreme watercraft and snowmobile oil" that claims to be synthetic and is iso egd rated (a good thing IMO). The only place I can find it is at oil-store.com It's in your price range and I'm sure its decent oil. I'll be running it in my sled if winter ever show up again.

There are some very good semi syn in that price range too. There's no such thing as 100% syn in twocycle injector oil IMO, they're all diluted with mineral something?

[ January 29, 2005, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Another alternative to the quaker state stuff you mentioned is Citgo sea and snow. It is a tc, JASO FC(actually certified, not just "meets") and iso EGD synthetic blend oil. I have been using it in my new ski doo 800 all season with very good results. This oil is also rebranded and sold as Echo powerblend and Yamalube 2s. I have evrified this by MSDS files.
On last thing It cost between $7.99 and 9.00 per gallon! Good thing too as my sled runs at about 20:1.

quote:

Originally posted by HOndaGuy:
Alright guys, I just picked this ski up. The previous owner ran Yamalube its whole life(this ski is premixed, no oil injection). My question is, what oil should I run in it? I know yamalube seems like a great choice, but I just can't justify paying almost $16 when I can get amsoil hp injector for a couple bucks more.

Any suggestions?

Aaron

Thx, If it was me and I was going to run Amsoil, I would step up amsoil's Interceptor oil over their HP Injector oil.

Holy cow Honda guy..I am certified Yamaha mechanic and tech. Go with the best pre-mix available i.e. MX2T and don't look back. Yamalube was developed in Japan specifically for the Yammy jetskis..it is hard to beat as far as protection, durability and Yamaha specifications. BUT, there is always room for improvement, I worked for 2 years on the Factory Yamaha jetski race team. We used every oil made for 2 strokes primarily to give us an edge with performance and to take the abuse of racing demands.

We used the newer synthetics and they are great...even for OEM, stock skis. I have used Amsoil 2000 for about 3 years now, primarily to keep the power valves happy plus give good lubrication. I am switching for yet another hunt for the edge. I will be using the Mobil 1 in my GPR, Superjet and waveblaster. This a very good oil with a nice petigree that follows it. I will be looking for protection first then pricing. You usually get what you pay for..even with oils.

And so far so good with the MX2T..no magic drop in temps or supercharging effect with use, no gain rpm's...but it has kept the pv's clean so far. Plus it burns really well..and as a tech, that is important. No more Yamalube, only the best for my skis.

Oh well Blano..thats what they told us in tech school in Atlanta.
dunno.gif

Learn somethin' new everyday...btw, the MX2T is running very good. Less smoke, clean, this is good stuff. Thanks for recommending it.
cheers.gif

I've rebuilt a few snowmobile engines (583,670,700) that were run their whole lives on penz 100% syn tcw3. We ran it for years when it was labeled ITASCA, then Q state, now it's Pennz, the oil hasn't changed price has gone up though. Had no issues with it, worked fine, was by far the cleanest burning stuff I've seen as far as leaving deposits in the motor. I'm always trying new stuff but some of my buds are still running it in their sleds. I choose not to afford the mx2t for my sled, but love it in my saw.

Ok call me crazy, and I was running an older Super Jet, 1990 model 650cc stock set up. I ran the 100:1 AMSOIL mix in it from new to the time I traded it 6 years later. No problems, ran it as hard as ever, even filled the engine compartment and engine up with water twice, by accident. The thing ran great and never skipped a beat. Spark plugs lasted forever. Now remember this was bone stock and ran as hard as one can run a stock SuperJet, subing it and all the fun tricks. Most of my friends ran the Maxium oil? Can't remember that far back. That is what they saw at all the IJSBA events.

Ok guys, I settled for the hp injector and bought some today. Ran real good in the superjet, and Ill see how well it runs on the next couple tanks with new plugs installed!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by blano:
$2.89 from my Mobil jobber in Marquette, MI or $3.50 from Autozone. Site sponsor www.avlube.com also sells it mailorder.

Who is is this "Mobil Jobber"

for $2.89 a pint. Add up to $5.78 for a quart. I will stock up for the whole season. I take 36 pints or (18 quart).

[ April 24, 2005, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: oua ]

Bertoldi oil out of Iron mountain. I bought it from their local branch in Negaunee, which is Bergdals equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back