Need help on selecting GM MDI or Tech 2

Read the about on that page. Vetronix was bought by Bosch years ago. Thats simply a website selling knockoffs using the name

Thanks, good to know. I have an original through GM a long time ago but I needed a Candi and some adapters and got them from one of those sites, it works fine.
Almost every car I do with it needs a Candi and need security access and all that but as Cline said not for some (if not all, I don't know) GM trucks.

Any idea when Bosch bought out Vertronix?

That's one area that makes purchasing used models confusing. There are many Vektronix Tech 2's on the market used from $1k- almost 2K....are they genuine or chinese knockoffs?
They could be legit, they could be knockoffs. There is a document floating around somewhere of some of the differences between the knockoffs and legit tools. They are subtle. I bought my tech 2 legit in 2013 and it is Bosch labeled. Could also be GM, Suzuki, Saab or Isuzu labeled if it was a tool originally sold to a dealership.

Thanks, good to know. I have an original through GM a long time ago but I needed a Candi and some adapters and got them from one of those sites, it works fine.
Almost every car I do with it needs a Candi and need security access and all that but as Cline said not for some (if not all, I don't know) GM trucks.

Any idea when Bosch bought out Vertronix?
Bosch acquired Vetronix in 2003, the vetronix name disappeared sometime in the late 2000's.

Back