Need help no sound on speakers or head phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to fix my screw up. Last week my computer was not able to connect to the inter using the WIFI.

I than got a brain cramp and decided to run a Restore and things seem well but no audio on the speakers. I try the normal stuff found in you tube but no luck.

1.The link takes you to my basic system that was later on upgraded to windows 10 few years back.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883148138

2. If you click the speakers it claims unknown and off

Not sure what to do??

Last edited:
1. Click on the Windows Icon, and type Device Manager and hit Enter. A Device Manager window should pop up.
2. Scroll down to "Sound, video and game controllers" and expand it. You should see the "Unknown" audio device there.
3. Right click on it and choose "Install Driver".

Quattro Pete,

Thanks for helping me out but the problem still here: Following you step the IDT High Definition Audio Codec was the item with question mark.

When I attempted to load the driver it gives a Window Encounter a Problem Installing the driver. It seems that it has the driver but fails to install it.

Any ideas of how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

The system claims that is has found the driver but can not load it because it encounter an error while attempting to install them.

Below that it reads IDT High Definition Codec

Originally Posted by LazyDog
The system claims that is has found the driver but can not load it because it encounter an error while attempting to install them.

Below that it reads IDT High Definition Codec

Did you look at the link I provided?

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back