Need help finding ATF for 2014 Chevy Spark with the CVT transmission.

I just bought a 2014 chevy spark that has 165k miles on the clock for dirt cheap. When I bought the car the oil life was at 0% so I changed it, but now I want to change the transmission fluid (drain and fill). Problem I am running into though is that the only transmission fluid I can find that works with the JAYCO transmission is $20 a quart. I work near an autoparts store and they have Idemitsu type N fluid? What type of CVT fluid does it take/what is a cheaper than OEM brand fluid that I can use?
TIA

It’s probably a Jatco unit similar to a Nissan or Dodge Caliber/Avenger - the chaebols in Korea are somewhat tribal. Hyundai PowerTech won’t sell a CVT to a cross-country competitor(GM Korea, formerly Daewoo Motors).

So Idemitsu’s Nissan fluid or Castrol Transmax CVT should works.

It’s probably a Jatco unit similar to a Nissan or Dodge Caliber/Avenger - the chaebols in Korea are somewhat tribal. Hyundai PowerTech won’t sell a CVT to a cross-country competitor(GM Korea, formerly Daewoo Motors).

So Idemitsu’s Nissan fluid or Castrol Transmax CVT should works.
Great thanks, but the problem I found is that Idemitsu sells two types of CVT fluid, one being type N (which is cheap like $5-10 a quart) and type n3 which is made specifically for JAYCO 7 tranmissions (which is what I have) however that fluid is $20 a quart (cheapest I could find). Do you think the plain type N would work since it says all JAYCO transmissions?

My 17 had 2 filters.

146Transmission.JPG

145.JPG
144Transmission fluid and filter change.JPG

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

You don't have to spend $20 a quart :)

Valvoline and Amalie will work just fine. AAP's Fram and Autozone's STP house brands are made by Amalie. All are amber in color. Castrol CVT is red, but this will not cause any problems.

If you want something green, get Cam2 CVT fluid.

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

You don't have to spend $20 a quart :)

Valvoline and Amalie will work just fine. AAP's Fram and Autozone's STP house brands are made by Amalie. All are amber in color. Castrol CVT is red, but this will not cause any problems.

If you want something green, get Cam2 CVT fluid.
Cam2 CVT fluid is like $3 a quart near me. Is it decent fluid? Also would you recommend flushing it or just drain fill change filters?

20 buck a quart would cost about 100 dollars or less. Might be smarter to just let that trans fail and replace the car or pay 1800 for a rebuilt trans. The 100 bucks for fluid seems way to high.
Maybe just pick a super cheap random car fluid . Prestone at 8 bucks a gallon seems a better deal.

Back