Need alternative oils for VW/Audi 7spd DCT oil and gear oil for 2018 Audi A4 allroad.

I do have more info
DSG oil spec G 055 529 A2 ( clutch / mechatronic )
Gear side G 052 549 A2
Are those spec are Audi only 7 Speed DSG fluids ?!

FWIW just by coincidence I did a dsg service today on my dq500 at 45k km. Factory service guide doesn't even say to change the filter, but I did anyway, but truthfully if I did it again I would leave the filter and change it at the next service around 100k. The fluid coming out literally looked brand new.

I do have more info
Gear side G 052 549 A2
Yes 7 speed fluid for the B9 is different from 6 speed fuild i used in my TDIs. And you have quoted the right spec.
Screenshot_20210919-001726_Chrome.jpg

Unless the DL trans are totally different the clutch/mechatronics/gears all share the same fluid.
Yes the dl382 is very different. The clutches and mechatronics unit and their fluid are completely separate from the gears fluid. Yet another reason the clutch fluid stays so clean and why I'd think the filters were designed the way they were.

Holy toledo this is confusing.

So the DL seven speeds use different fluid than The DQ seven speeds, and also different fluid than the DL six speeds? People must put wrong fluid in all the time.

Yes the dl382 is very different. The clutches and mechatronics unit and their fluid are completely separate from the gears fluid. Yet another reason the clutch fluid stays so clean and why I'd think the filters were designed the way they were.

Ok well that explains it then 👍

Ok well that explains it then 👍
The dl 7 speed is longitudinal placement. The clutch side uses pressurized fluid to run the mech and cool the clutches. Here is the pressurized system

The gear side of the transmission is wet, and then dry sump. When first started up the gears operate like wet sump and "sling" lube the gears in what audi calls "plung mode" and then the sump is emptied by a pump that fills a plastic bladder that sets atop the gears with strategic holes in it that shoots fluid precisely onto the needed places of the gear set. Here is an animation of that process.

I do have more info
Gear side G 052 549 A2

Thanks. So my guessing was right with G 055 529. You can pass the "A2" btw,
that's just the size of the container ("A2" = 1 L bottle).

@Jimmy_Russells: The dry-clutch 7-speed DQ200 is happy with VW G 052 171,
which was also used in MQ350 manual transmissions (before it was replaced by
G 052 527 in late 2012 for the MQ350). At least that DQ200 used to be factory
filled with VW G 052 171 in the past.
Generally MTFs and DCTFs seem to be rather similar. Some DCTFs are permitted
to be used in MTs as well, e.g. Motul Multi DCTF (> VW G 052 527).

MOTUL HIGH TORQUE DCTF - VW G 052 182 & VW G 055 529

Motul Multi DCTF - VW G 055 512 & G 070 726

So there seems to be some choice. Castrol, Fuchs/Pentosin, Motul, Ravenol, perhaps
some more and of course OE VW/Audi, which should be either Castrol or Fuchs made.

Thanks. So my guessing was right with G 055 529. You can pass the "A2" btw,
that's just the size of the container ("A2" = 1 L bottle).

@Jimmy_Russells: The dry-clutch 7-speed DQ200 is happy with VW G 052 171,
which was also used in MQ350 manual transmissions (before it was replaced by
G 052 527 in late 2012 for the MQ350). At least that DQ200 used to be factory
filled with VW G 052 171 in the past.
Generally MTFs and DCTFs seem to be rather similar. Some DCTFs are permitted
to be used in MTs as well, e.g. Motul Multi DCTF (> VW G 052 527).

MOTUL HIGH TORQUE DCTF - VW G 052 182 & VW G 055 529

Motul Multi DCTF - VW G 055 512 & G 070 726

So there seems to be some choice. Castrol, Fuchs/Pentosin, Motul, Ravenol, perhaps
some more and of course OE VW/Audi, which should be either Castrol or Fuchs made.

Yes my understanding is they're pretty much regular MT fluids with an additive pack for the clutches. I noticed the fluid is quite thin, probably a 75w or maybe 75w80.

Back