Need all season (but good for snow) tire recommendations

The bloke behind Tyre Reviews channel on YouTube calls the CC’s summer focused all-season (weather) because it has long tread blocks, which is more conducive to 3-season road grip than its competitors with “knobbier” blocks. Even if you give the CC2 the tread compound of the Xice Snow, it would be better on plowed snow and ice, but can’t overcome fresh Sierra cement

The CC2 doesn’t do well in fresh Sierra cement because of the long tread blocks. Nitro Sn2 and Nokian WR g4 SUV works a lot better in fresh Sierra cement due to more definitive tread block design. But sacrifices in non-snow grip, especially the Nittos

I still have 2 of the 4 original CC I got for my car. Even as the fronts wore down towards replacement depth they just got better and better on dry roads. it's when they were new I didn't like them, and took about 1000 miles for them to respond well. After the first drive I wanted to junk them, they responded so slow!

the 2 remaining tyres are on the rear set of winter wheels, on a FWD car.

for real snow you NEED REAL snow tires PERIOD!! some all season BUT winter tires are better than others + most AWD-4 WD vehicles can GET BUY with only decent tyres!! i used to PASS struggling 4WD's with my 2001 Jetta using 4 mich pilot alpins + remember thinner is better in snow + minus sizing can save $$$ as well!!

My vote and what I'd get after the same Pirelli's on the Tiguan go out if we keep it.

Even better that all Nokians sold in NA post-2021 are made in the USA (Dayton, Tennessee). So you'd be supporting local jobs.

Do front wheels break traction? My Sienna would do that with any tire. Compliments of uber crappy AWD.

Again, ESP would engage any time I would push Sienna a bit faster through corners, be it Bridgestone DriveGuards or Michelin Xi2.

I mean, I am not a big fan of these "ALL" tires, but I found that Toyota will fire ESP if you think to go through a corner fast without actually executing it.
Not to rehash as much but it gets worse with the auto cruise control in the newer Tiguans. If you have the cruise set at 60MPH we'll say and enter a turn that is a steep but not really. The auto cruise/ESP will recognize the large steering angle and start braking individual wheels plus back off the throttle. I noticed almost a 10MPH drop once and I was in no way going to push the car or it's tires to the limit. Some ESP's are indeed a bit dramatic.

Back