Need a riding mower

Go find a vintage Wheel Horse in good shape, you won't have to ever buy another.. Way better that what your looking at.
That's what I'd do if I was shopping for one (although I'd probably get a vintage cub cadet or any of the better old brands that I find in good shape). I ended up with 2 free lawn tractors, a 2007 cub cadet lt1050 23hp Kohler v twin (luckily the most reliable engine Kohler made in that time). It has 311 hours and is holding up good although I did have to get the valves adjusted and a new starter. This tractor came with our house we bought.

The backup/trailer puller is an 81 MTD lawn flite 38" with 11hp Briggs. The deck has been patched a couple times and it looks pretty rough but the engine doesn't smoke at all, just leaks like a sieve. I like that I can lift this one off the ground to get it up into our shed.

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_125739~3.jpg
    IMG_20210925_125739~3.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 3
Yep . 42" deck . Especially if you have a lot of obstacles to maneuver around .
I guess. I used to push mow half an acre, although that was a brutal side job I took on for a bit. Now I mow close to an acre around our hard with the 50" cub cadet or my 38" vintage lawnflite. I actually enjoy mowing so I guess I don't want it to end that fast. Takes me a couple hours at most.

Back