Need a new desktop

I need a new desktop. Only used for internet , taxes a few pictures. I have no idea what i would need. Or where the best place to buy it. I would like a monitor 22 inches up. I dont want to buy more capability than i will ever use.

Suggestions?

budget?
I'd suggest a 24" FHD (1920x1080)monitor or if you want larger a 28" QHD (2560x1440) resolution monitor.
That will run 100-300$

computer well anything from 199 to skys the limit let me see what kind of bargains are out there.

Are you interested in a laptop? Plug in keyboard mouse and monitor at home.. but take it on the road or to the couch?

You want to buy online or local such as microcenter or bestbuy.

Prefer desk top with larger monitor, not a lap top. Plug in mouse and keyboard. I'm okay buying online but i dont know where to buy. A lot of refurbished stuff comes up on amazon. I'd prefer new.

There is a best buy near me. I'd like to stay under $700 as its only used for internet , simple taxes, and some picture storage. But for no more than i use it, do i even need to spend that much? No kids will use it, no gaming.

Thanks.

budget?
I'd suggest a 24" FHD (1920x1080)monitor or if you want larger a 28" QHD (2560x1440) resolution monitor.
That will run 100-300$

computer well anything from 199 to skys the limit let me see what kind of bargains are out there.

Are you interested in a laptop? Plug in keyboard mouse and monitor at home.. but take it on the road or to the couch?

You want to buy online or local such as microcenter or bestbuy.
Thanks,

What i am replacing is an older Dell core i3 7th generation. Thats whats on the sticker. Its at least 10 years old, i don't remember when i actually bought it. Could be older.

I'll admit I'm out of the loop, but it sounds like an all-in-one would suit your needs. Dell and HP make them, but I don't know anything about their quality.

I am still a satisfied user of a 12-year-old iMac. I do what you listed, plus word processing, work-from-home stuff, and Zoom conferencing. I ordered mine with the middle of three processors, and filled two open RAM slots to give it 12 of 16GB max. The 1TB hard drive is nowhere near full.

Reactions: FZ1
all in ones are laptop parts
you might as well buy a laptop and plug in a screen keyboard and mouse.
much cheaper and portable if you need it to be.

You could pick up a pretty nice 350-400$ sale laptop add in a monitor mouse and keyboard well within your budget.

Desktops seem high right now.. i'll check back with some prices

Just picked up a LG GRAM with 1TB SSD, Windows 11 Pro from Costco and used HDMI cable to enable dual monitors (currently using a 22 inch Dell monitor via HDMI and Display Fusion Pro to manage)

Even a 10 year old PC is plenty for just browsing the web. Add some RAM and a SSD drive and it should be quite snappy.

If you don’t think your current desktop is worth upgrading I would look for a refurbished Dell Optiplex in your price range.

microcenter has a wide selection of refurbished. but you need to know the generation of processor you are looking at for its age.
Then I like SSD and 8GB+ ram

for example something like this looks good

but its 4th gen haswell processor we are on 11/12? now.

I need a new desktop. Only used for internet , taxes a few pictures. I have no idea what i would need. Or where the best place to buy it. I would like a monitor 22 inches up. I dont want to buy more capability than i will ever use.

Suggestions?
Just defrag the computer you got. Monitors are cheap, just buy the size you like and plug it in.

Just defrag the computer you got. Monitors are cheap, just buy the size you like and plug it in.
I've defraged , run cleanups, etc. It has this habit of freezing up and having trouble booting, loads pages with firefox in anonymous mode , may take 10 minutes to load yahoo or bitog in non anonymous mode. I've cleared cache, cookies reloaded firefox. Tired of messing with it.

Back