Need a good box cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one know a good box cutter. I'm cut box. Thin to thick . Big to small box lol . I need one that have a belt clip or a little bag to put on my belt . I saw myself cutting about 50+ box a day .

Something have this combo . Box cutter and beer opener
cheers3.gif

Standard utility knife that takes standard/inexpensive blades, with a handle shape suited to your preferred grasp of it and hand size. Pick folding or retractable.

You can get a knife sheath for your belt that fits just about anything, doesn't have to come with or be intended for a particular knife.

Otherwise many of the normal pocket knifes out there would suit this use, if you don't mind sharpening them every day (depends on whether you're just opening and breaking down boxes, or have to actually cut the cardboard itself which dulls a blade pretty fast), maybe something like a small Spyderco flipper (or a generic clone that costs 1/10th as much but dulls 3X as fast)?

Last edited:
My wife carried a classic Stanley in her pocket for years at her job. She wore the company issued piece of junk "safety cutter" on her belt. She carried the Stanley for when she actually wanted to cut up or open boxes.

Anything wrong with this? Other than not having any safeties associated with it. I recall using one for a few years when I worked in a grocery store. Worked well on, well, boxes, for both cutting tape and cutting down the side if need be. I recall my apron having a small pouch on it, someplace, for the cutter.

Link

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by supton
Anything wrong with this? Other than not having any safeties associated with it. I recall using one for a few years when I worked in a grocery store. Worked well on, well, boxes, for both cutting tape and cutting down the side if need be. I recall my apron having a small pouch on it, someplace, for the cutter.

Link

[Linked Image]

The classic grocery store box cutter. Works well for boxes of canned soup to make a tray for the shelf. Other items sometimes it cuts the contents. Stock clerks have a ready supply of Band Aids when using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back