Nearly 14 years of Gold Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Still shining. No other wax but gold class has gone on since new. Truck has sat outside most of its life, but has been in a garage the last two or so years. Havent waxed it in at least three. Needs to be clayed and gone over well, but I put a coat of wax on because it was feeling very fricton"y", though very smooth in terms of imperfections. You can see that there is junk on the paint that needs to be clayed in the hood picture 98 S10 ZR2 bought early February 1998.

Pardon the photo quality, while an iphone does a good job with pictures, photobucket compresses them poorly it seems.

ffea9a0b.jpg

d6e6eb3d.jpg

c06aebeb.jpg

7d42e534.jpg

That's not bad for a vehicle of that age. Periodic cleaning & protection does indeed go a long way.

Once I really clean the paint, it will really be great. That GM paint really is nice and shines well.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Once I really clean the paint, it will really be great. That GM paint really is nice and shines well.
Don't forget about the incredible orange peel too!!!

Originally Posted By: dwcopple

Nah, its perfectly smooth. Maybe the reflection isnt like a mirror, but even with the lousy photobucket compression, which added an orange peel look to everything, it still reflects well. The metallic paint is pretty deep and glossy too.

Ha, I'll never forget my 2002 Z28. I could make that 10 year old car's paint look new, but the orange peel was definitely noticeable close-up.

Back on topic... Very Nice! It really is reassuring seeing a truck with that many years on it holding on to such a nice looking paint job. Nice truck too!

Nah, its perfectly smooth. Maybe the reflection isnt like a mirror, but even with the lousy photobucket compression, which added an orange peel look to everything, it still reflects well. The metallic paint is pretty deep and glossy too.

Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back