Navy Airplane in flight engine malfunction in TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted By: BrownBox88
Hope everything is ok.

I know this is off topic, but it was satisfying seeing the P-8A perform over the weekend at NAS. I'm gonna miss the hum of the P3 when it's finally gone.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, I avoided the base like the plague this weekend because I knew it'd be a mad house. Did you get the opportunity to tour a P-8?

Oh man, mad house is an understatement. Luckily I had access to the Birmingham gate and didn't have to wait very long and didn't get forced to park on the tarmac, that was a nightmare. Three lanes in, one lane out at the main.

Other than that, I did get up close to the P-8 display, wish we could've went inside but only the P-3 was available for that.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Hope everything is ok.

I know this is off topic, but it was satisfying seeing the P-8A perform over the weekend at NAS. I'm gonna miss the hum of the P3 when it's finally gone.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, I avoided the base like the plague this weekend because I knew it'd be a mad house. Did you get the opportunity to tour a P-8?

Oh man, mad house is an understatement. Luckily I had access to the Birmingham gate and didn't have to wait very long and didn't get forced to park on the tarmac, that was a nightmare. Three lanes in, one lane out at the main.

Other than that, I did get up close to the P-8 display, wish we could've went inside but only the P-3 was available for that.

I'm surprised the P-8 wasn't open as well, I brought one up to Michigan in August of 16 for an air show and we had it opened up for a static display. I'm glad you were able to escape the worst of the mad house. I heard that traffic was backed up well into Fleming Island and onto the Buckman Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back