Natural Gas from Ohio Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
I just read where Oakland passed an ordinance outlawing natural gas in new houses. The article extolled the virtues of electric induction cooking and heat pumps, powered by green electricity. The great chefs will probably have to go to reeducation centers to get their minds right about electric cooking.

Seems like a good idea judging by the less than seller reputation of PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric Company) with regards to maintenance.

Personally I like gas, but induction has some serious advantages such as fast heat times, lack of waste heat filling up the kitchen and very low PM emissions. Plus you don't need a ridiculously large exhaust fan. FWIW Induction plates have been a staple in restaurant kitchens for years. Great Chefs will have no problem getting adjusted to them in their homes.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Reggaemon
You will not find many people in the three states you mentioned saying how lucky we are to have this cheap energy source. Destroyed water supplies, increased air pollution, fracking in residential areas and earthquakes are just a few of the wonderful things Fracking has given us.

Cool.

Shut every last one of them down and we can go back to pumping our gas here. I miss all the free money from the mineral royalties.

Read a couple articles written with the great certainty we see come from today's writers. Said no … it's not the fracture job it's because they inject waste water ?

Huh ? How many years was the US a "stripper" producer (below 10% oil meaning over 90% saltwater) …

Millions and millions of barrels have been disposed of (or used to reflood the oil reservoir) for several decades
A worldwide practice in fact …
Many have switched to use of waste water for the frac job

I just read where Oakland passed an ordinance outlawing natural gas in new houses. The article extolled the virtues of electric induction cooking and heat pumps, powered by green electricity. The great chefs will probably have to go to reeducation centers to get their minds right about electric cooking.

There won't be any resturants in any new building. They could use propane but the ordinance states no gas piping. Idiocy!

When I bought my property here in WV, the paper work showed that several somebody's had purchased the mineral rights a long time ago. Even though there is nat. gas under my property, I could never get anything from it. I doubt many owners here in WV could. Somewhere along history, the property owners needed money and sold their mineral rights which was something they never thought would amount to anything. The farmers in western Pa. are making money from wells on their property. Western NY is also on this field but their communist govt. won't let them participate. Wonder how many Pa drillers are going under the border?

FYI..For those of you who have access to the WSJ there's an article about NatGas leaks and emissions. Using 2015 data it was estimated that NatGas leaks in the US alone are green-house gas emissions equivalent of 69 million cars

Their bigger problem is zoning, rent control, crime, and school quality. Natural gas is not even close to the top.

Many people still use resistance coil cooking and clothes drying. The bigger problem is water heater, I'm not sure if heat pump water heater is reliable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back