National Lampoon Christmas Vacation Road Trips

Anyone planning on travelling for Christmas? With highway 3 closed to all but essential traffic (due to flood damage) this Christmas season, we’re planning on driving down through the States on I90, through Sandpoint, Spokane, and onwards through Seattle and then back up to the Canadian border and finally, Vancouver. We booked a hotel at Ellensburg, Washington. Looking forward to the Huckleberry pancakes. Where are you guys headed?

17B9BBC3-BDFA-41AC-AB96-404F5C4CDBFA.png

Last edited:
Anyone planning on travelling for Christmas? With highway 3 closed to all but essential traffic (due to flood damage) this Christmas season, we’re planning on driving down through the States on I90, through Sandpoint, Spokane, and onwards through Seattle and then back up to the Canadian border and finally, Vancouver. We booked a hotel at Ellensburg, Washington. Looking forward to the Huckleberry pancakes. Where are you guys headed?

View attachment 80740

I hope you are not driving this weekend? The passes are a mess.

Well at $10 for a Huckleberry pancake, it'd better be huge. The one in the picture looks a little burnt too.

No plans this year, just staying local.

Well at $10 for a Huckleberry pancake, it'd better be huge. The one in the picture looks a little burnt too.

No plans this year, just staying local.

Restaurants are not cheap around here anymore. I’m leaving in a while to have some breakfast hash. Small plate is $15. Large is $17

The cowboys around Ellensburg probably like their flapjacks well cooked. They have a big rodeo every year there.

We decided to stay put, so no pancakes in Ellensburg, darn. We have a ton of snow here, so enjoying the Christmas feeling. Here is Toby, who thinks he’s a show dog.

7E8CC5D4-0E27-49C0-8325-B53BEC1F5E21.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
Make your own pancakes. You should have some huckleberry’s around there.

I should add that cancellation was probably for the best. The passes down this way have been a mess. Closures, avalanche control and accidents.

20 miles round trip to the in laws for Christmas Eve dinner, then Christmas morning we have breakfast at my house. Looking forward to the hashbrown casserole!

Back