Nasty argument between pilot and tower.

This pilot was never cleared into "Class Bravo" airspace, argued with the controller, was directed to leave the Bravo, refused, and was a bit of a hazard, then went on to his destination. WOW.

EDIT: I deleted the embedded video, due to the wording on the pic. Click the link to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUSUXnr4dSo

Last edited:
Hahahaha, "nobody cleared you through the bravo but me". "Then clear me through" "NO!" "Yes!". Hahahahah OMG.

Last edited:
Air traffic control
Class Bravo (B) is the most restrictive controlled air space around major airports like DFW , LAX, ORD. The controlled airspace looks like an inverted wedding cake with different bands of controlled space based on distance from the airport. You must be explicitly cleared into the Class B if you are not on an instrument flight plan.

Originally Posted by WagonWheel
Air traffic control
Class Bravo (B) is the most restrictive controlled air space around major airports like DFW , LAX, ORD. The controlled airspace looks like an inverted wedding cake with different bands of controlled space based on distance from the airport. You must be explicitly cleared into the Class B if you are not on an instrument flight plan.

Thanks. I had no idea.

How on earth didn't that clown not get ordered to the tower for a .........discussion. It's all on tape so if the FAA wanted to Go after this guy it would be a snap. Busting airspace is one thing but refusing to follow directions and leave when directed sounds like a great way to get suspended.

This is just like everything else in the past several months.... no fear of consequences for some absolutely petulant, childish behavior... regardless of how dangerous it might be for himself... or for anyone else around him... because there probably won't be any consequences.

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
This is just like everything else in the past several months.... no fear of consequences for some absolutely petulant, childish behavior... regardless of how dangerous it might be for himself... or for anyone else around him... because there probably won't be any consequences.

I'm 100% sure there will be consequences in this case. His tail number was tracked violating the "Class Bravo" airspace multiple times in the previous weeks.

Interestingly, the owner of the aircraft is listed as "Wife Approved LLC". (hahahahah funny name) . It's not hard to find the aircraft owners name, or his previous flights.

On a related note, I spent some time in the waiting room of the Miramar FSDO to update an airworthiness certificate. That day was "turn in your certificate" day for violators. OMG it was UGLY!!! From bad mechanics, to bad private pilots, to bad airline captains, there were plenty of people in the room, and the FAA agent, along with 2 armed guards, physically took the "airman certificate" from each individual, with a brief explanation as to why. Lots of grown men crying! Also some asked when they get it back. Answer: Never! That was flat out brutal.

I fly a lot, and hear all sorts of things on the radio. It's truly amazing how discourteous and belligerent some people are. Sure ATC can be difficult at times. Deal with that on the ground. This guy was a great example of what not to do. I'll bet a dollar if this pilot had asked for vectors to leave the "Class Bravo" and apologized, nothing would have happened to him.

This also brings up another point, if you fly and are ADSB equipped, operate professionally, as your flights are a matter of public record.

Last edited:
The pilot MAY have requested a clearance, but he wasn't given one.

He flew into class B without a clearance, a very clear flight violation. A mea culpa and a turn out of the B might have saved his ticket.

But he was completely wrong, and belligerent and rude.

He's losing his license.

And for good reason.

I'm glad to hear he should be loosing his flight certification. Sorry buddy, YOU are NOT in charge. ATC says NO you can't just stomp your feet and do what you want.

Originally Posted by Astro14

He flew into class B without a clearance, a very clear flight violation. A mea culpa and a turn out of the B might have saved his ticket.

He's losing his license.

And for good reason.

The FAA bends over backwards forgiving screwups as long as there is some sort of reasonable explanation. This guy is a classic example of just the opposite. Those audio and radar tapes will seal the deal for a major attitude adjustment.

One thing stands out to me (other than the behavior of the ex-pilot) is the professionalism of the controller. Las Vegas is some of the most tightly controlled airspace in the world. With the heavy and diverse traffic at Nellis AFB, McCarran, North Las Vegas and Henderson Executive it has to be. She handled that incredibly well.

Originally Posted by Astro14

He's losing his license.

And for good reason.

Now, whether or not that will stop him from flying is another question. Given his attitude, there's probably 50/50 odds on that.

I heard about this, did not listen until now.
A lot of people think that we all should be privileged that they are present on this world. I cannot imaging being close family to this guy.

So, the guy claimed he announced himself and asked for clearance. Devils advocate, but just because the YouTube video claims they found no evidence doesn't mean that he tried...

But it's explicitly forbidden to enter this space without verbal authorization? And that's part of basic flying tests? Seems wacky if so, that someone would be so bold to progress like that just because they were mad. I know Henderson is close to LV, but still. It would be like paddling a rubber raft in a major port harbor.

Well, this might be an interesting twist. An overlay of the sectional and his flight path shows N731NR (wife approved LLC)
lol.gif
as under the Class Bravo. It may be that he was under the shelf the entire time. Take a look at this link. Notice the plane is at 5600 feet and the shelf is 6000. It also seems he descended to below the 4500 foot shelf at the proper time. I wonder if there is more to this story...

im...ftVhujUrNdWaBGNuPT7j_9Pc290P5PdUtWnyz2OQ

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JHZR2

But it's explicitly forbidden to enter this space without verbal authorization?

If operating VFR,(Visual Flight Rules) yes. You must hear "Cleared into Class Bravo" from the controller. That is a regulatory requirement. The guy broke a FAR. At best, he'll have his certificate suspended followed by 709 ride (re-examination).

Back