NASCAR next gen car almost complete

The only thing the Next Gen car and the current one have in common is the seat​

They will look more like the actual "street" versions of the car.
It looks like dual exhausts one to each side of the car.
18 wheels with a single center locking lug nut
12 inch wide tires instead of 10 inch
independent rear suspension with Ohlins shocks

Next Gen parts suppliers-

NextGen-Vendors-scaled.jpg

The 12 inch wide tires alone are gonna make previous track records disappear. More downforce and wider tires on an oval means flat footing the turns at a lot of tracks. Gonna be fun next year

Don

Looks like Camry has the aerodynamic edge with that smooth nose while Ford with that flat blunt nose comes in third.

I would like to see actual body panels from the real production cars be put on the cars. A real front end with headlights and rear end tail lights and the other panels and roof be all from a production car.

Like the old old cars from the early to mid 80s and older cars like the 70s cars. Those cars had a shell that really was identical to production cars of their day.

It was not until 1995 or 1996 I believe that the cars started not being much like the regular cars from the street in terms of appearance.

One thing to remember is that even in the very, very early days of Nascar those cars were heavily modified... Motors etc etc etc... That was the grass roots of the sport. People taking a stock car and making changes to make those cars much more capable and faster.

I also would like to see the gear rule get canned... Let them run as fast or slow if they want. It was always interesting to see how teams would push or not push their cars mechanically back before the mandatory gear rule foolishness.

Guys got bit by that.... Or won by that... Geoffrey Bodine won 3 races in 1994 and lost 9 ... Yes 9 blown up motors that year. With today's extremely good oils one would think that failures would not be quite as common.

I would like to see actual body panels from the real production cars be put on the cars. A real front end with headlights and rear end tail lights and the other panels and roof be all from a production car.

Like the old old cars from the early to mid 80s and older cars like the 70s cars. Those cars had a shell that really was identical to production cars of their day.

It was not until 1995 or 1996 I believe that the cars started not being much like the regular cars from the street in terms of appearance.

One thing to remember is that even in the very, very early days of Nascar those cars were heavily modified... Motors etc etc etc... That was the grass roots of the sport. People taking a stock car and making changes to make those cars much more capable and faster.

I also would like to see the gear rule get canned... Let them run as fast or slow if they want. It was always interesting to see how teams would push or not push their cars mechanically back before the mandatory gear rule foolishness.

Guys got bit by that.... Or won by that... Geoffrey Bodine won 3 races in 1994 and lost 9 ... Yes 9 blown up motors that year. With today's extremely good oils one would think that failures would not be quite as common.
Get rid of the super speedway heavely modified front fenders. Make these teams run the same fenders, door skins, rooflines and quarter panels that production cars come with.

I agree, That's why I liked BTCC racing, the cars looked like what you buy, and had real doors and original top of dashboards (in-car footage) but they were proper race cars

I'm also all for production homoglated engine and chassis only. In this case, Toyota should never be allowed to race being they don't offer a RWD, V8 production car and never have.

But, I guess without Gibbs and Toyota footing 80% of the bill, NASCAR would likely cease to exist...

Back