NASA Sued

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOSCOW -
NASA's mission that sent a space probe smashing into a comet raised more than cosmic dust — it also brought a lawsuit from a Russian astrologer.
ADVERTISEMENT

Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.

Scientists say the crash did not significantly alter the comet's orbit around the sun and said the experiment does not pose any danger to Earth.

The probe's comet crash sent up a cloud of debris that scientists hope to examine to learn how the solar system was formed.

Bai is seeking damages totaling $300 million — the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost — for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope."

NASA representatives in Russia could not be reached for comment on the case.

Article quoted from here

Normally, I may understand her concerns. I may not agree, but I only understand. This was until I read the comment about her horoscope. If her concern was truly about altering the natural balance of the universe, she should have begun to be concerned long ago when we started placing satelites and other space junk into orbit. All of these thing have a small effect on something. Everything that we have sent into space could alter the nature of the universe. Why did she suddenly become concerned yesterday?

Do I hear a Looney Tunes theme?

Crumbly Crunchies are the best
Look delicious on your vest
Serve them to unwanted guests
Stuff the mattress with the rest

tongue.gif

As long as we're talking about suing for damages...... how about if Russia repays all the SSR coutries it bled dry during the 45-year occupation.... moral sufferings indeed!

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
Do I hear a Looney Tunes theme?

Crumbly Crunchies are the best
Look delicious on your vest
Serve them to unwanted guests
Stuff the mattress with the rest

tongue.gif

lol.gif
That's REALLY funny! I LOVE those old Looney Tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back